Henry + Red + Soler + Rant = Hoo boy what a match

I thought about making it "shport" in general, but I really don't care about the others.

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Henry + Red + Soler + Rant = Hoo boy what a match

Postby aquaphase » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Red & Rant

I'm happy as hell that someone finally pulled it together and went off on the officiating (or lack thereof) that has been happening in the MLS recently. At the same time, I'm always glad to see Henry sweat it out as well.

I'm really really curious to see what repercussions happen as a result. I'm thinking that Soler is going to be fined out the wazoo, but that the officiating will also have to make some changes.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

katie

Re: Henry + Red + Soler + Rant = Hoo boy what a match

Postby katie » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:27 pm

henry hit moffat hard enough in the head to jerk it forward twice. it wasn't a tap or a pat. henry is regarded as one of the best athletes in the world, you'd think he would be able to control the force with which he touches someone. he knew what he was doing and, yeah, it may have been an overreaction but it's still against the rules to whack people in the head on the pitch. henry isn't above the law because he did a bunch of shit in europe. he got a slap on the wrist for ruining kevin hartman's chance at goalkeeper of the year last season and if they overturn his suspension here, it's just another example of MLS sucking the dicks of the "money" players in the cesspool cities. that being said, MLS refs suck and are getting worse. and can we get some outrage at charlie divies, too?

i'm curious to see what all happens in this situation too. we should take bets on what the fine ends up being. it's not even like it was a statement released on twitter, this was a full-out release to the press. you'd think that would carry more weight.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:29 pm

My only "that was unfair" complaint in the whole mess is that Moffat didn't get carded or even warned for his shove. Soler would have much less of a complaint if the refs had at least yellow carded Moffat since he "started it."

katie

Postby katie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:49 am

but moffat did get a yellow, for unsporting behavior for the retaliatory shove. so it really is fair. they both touched each other, only henry did it in the head so his was seen as violent instead of just unsporting. new york needs to untwist their panties!
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:46 pm

fair enough. I missed that Moffat got the yellow. After watching the "match in review" from within the MLS MatchDay iPhone app, that whole match was a giant cluster. Sure I agree that NY should just get over it and move on with the season, but those foul stats are just terrible.

Return to “Footie”