soccer is not a contact sport

I thought about making it "shport" in general, but I really don't care about the others.

Moderator: aquaphase

roach

soccer is not a contact sport

Postby roach » Fri May 22, 2009 4:20 pm

I had an x-ray tech tell me the other day that he was surprised at the injuries he sees in soccer players because it's not a contact sport, I tore my acl. again. this is a good highlight reel of soccer not being a contact sport. it's between a Japaneses and Chinese team, I think for an Asian champions league kind of thing. not sure how many cards were thrown, I'd reckon a bunch.

James

Re: soccer is not a contact sport

Postby James » Sun May 24, 2009 10:27 am

Sorry to hear about your acl. How is that going to affect you at Bonnaroo? I just remember a LOT of walkin' around that place...

Football (Soccer) is brutal. I'm amazed there aren't more injuries than there are. Just the way people jump for headers at weird angles and land so very awkwardly I'm surprised there aren't more ankle dislocations, never mind the tackles...if it weren't for the floppers it would be taken a bit more seriously I think...

I do like at 1:15 mark when the guy comes and clearly pushes the guy to the ground, then holds his hands up to say "what? what'd I do?". You can put that reaction into any sport.
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

katie

Postby katie » Sun May 24, 2009 5:36 pm

Sorry to hear about your acl. How is that going to affect you at Bonnaroo? I just remember a LOT of walkin' around that place...
i am going to make him call his doctor and get a handicap pass so we're in the up-close camping. he'll still run around like crazy, but at least i'll only have to carry him to right outside centeroo.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

roach

Postby roach » Mon May 25, 2009 5:31 pm

I'm able to walk, just not all that fast. it's gotten better in the last week and a half, but if I'm on my feet for long the knee gets sore. So I plan on calling the doc for a temp handi pass if it's still sore in a couple weeks... or maybe even if it isn't sore I'll do that too. I'm sure some hairy hippie will have some remedy for me if it gets too sore.

katie

Postby katie » Mon May 25, 2009 10:13 pm

I'm sure some hairy hippie will have some remedy for me if it gets too sore.
mushrooms cure all. fact.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

Return to “Footie”