FCD Ticket sales

I thought about making it "shport" in general, but I really don't care about the others.

Moderator: aquaphase

eebs

FCD Ticket sales

Postby eebs » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:10 am

Noticed an article on 3rd degree saying that FCD has only sold 5,000 tickets for the first game of the season :shock:

Looking at this article, seems like the rest of MLS is doing ok, any reason why things are so bad at Dallas in comparison?

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Re: FCD Ticket sales

Postby aquaphase » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:58 am

Simple answer: the stadium is a good 20 miles from Dallas and quite inaccessible to the core of old FC Dallas (nee Dallas Burn) like the games at the Cotton Bowl were. Topping that, they really haven't spent all that much money on advertising this year. The economy is in the pooper and we've got to drive to freakin' Oklahoma to see this team that has a record of being horribly mediocre. Granted, I love going out and screaming my head off at the games, but it's been getting harder to get motivated for the past year.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

katie

Postby katie » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:18 pm

agree with justin. driving 45 minutes to see a team get their ass handed to them ain't fun. frisco was a bad choice.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:14 pm

I've been to, I think, four games in Frisco. It would be at least two or three times that if they still played at the Cotton Bowl.

roach

Postby roach » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:31 pm

it also seems way too easy to come across free tickets too. I had season tickets the first full season up in frisco, I got free tickets for myself or a friend for about a quarter of the games.

also the onfield product has been jacked up the last few seasons turning some people away. hoping that gets better this season, and it should as long as we don't have to rely on depth... and who really relies on depth in a season that is 9 months long and we're playing in the open cup too...

as long as they don't have a promotional night where i receive shocks to the genitals I'll still make the drive.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:18 pm

bah, you'd attend nut-shocker night as well. Admit it.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

roach

Postby roach » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:51 pm

depends on the opponent. like if it's another team, then yeah, I'll be there.

Return to “Footie”