us olympic team named

I thought about making it "shport" in general, but I really don't care about the others.

Moderator: aquaphase

roach

us olympic team named

Postby roach » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:12 pm

GOALKEEPERS: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa)*, Chris Seitz (RSL).
DEFENDERS: Michael Parkhurst (New England)*, Patrick Ianni (Houston), Marvell Wynne (Toronto), Michael Orozco (San Luis), Nathan Sturgis (RSL).
MIDFIELDERS: Maurice Edu (Toronto), Stuart Holden (Houston), Freddy Adu (Benfica), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Michael Bradley (Heerenveen), Danny Szetela (Brescia), Benny Feilhaber (Derby).
FORWARDS: Brian McBride (free agent)*, Charlie Davies (Hammarby), Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Robbie Rogers (Columbus).
*overage selections

Alternates: GK Dominic Cervi, D Frankie Hejduk, MF Dax McCarty, F Robbie Findley.

Really happy about McBride being one of the overagers.

eebs

Postby eebs » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:01 pm

he's due to be playing mls as well, once toronto and chicago(?) finish playing scissor rock paper for him.

Does that mean that all these players are out of action for the league games in August?

roach

Postby roach » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:08 pm

yep, I think they leave this weekend for tune ups. I'm bummed that Dax didn't get the call, but he hasn't played a full match in awhile due to recovery from sports hernia surgery.
It'll be interesting to see what MLS does in the McBride situation. They're known to bend rules when it comes to that allocation business. When Dallas should have gotten Donovan a couple years ago they gave us Ruiz instead and let Donovan go where he wanted to be, LA.

roach

Postby roach » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:09 pm

and yeah to the out of action. yet another reason MLS needs to rethink their schedule.

Return to “Footie”