U20 World Championship

I thought about making it "shport" in general, but I really don't care about the others.

Moderator: aquaphase

eebs

U20 World Championship

Postby eebs » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:30 pm

just found this on the FIFA website, free streaming matches from Canada.

live coverage of u20 world cup

portugal v gambia
new zealand v mexico
chile v austria
canada v congo

are on tonight, though a bit late for us Anglos (10.15pm and 1am). Might sneak a bit of portugal v gambia in before bed.

standings are here - looks like the USA kicked Brazil's ass to qualify for the next stage.

roach

Postby roach » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:45 am

been watching this, espnU is airing all the games in english. which is pretty damned nice because GolTV is airing all the copa america games right now. wonderful, wonderful overload.
us was fortunate to beat brazil but they did really earn the points(brazil's kids are friggin awesome)
us was fortunate to tie s korea(S Korea deserved to finish way above last in the group the way they played, but that's the game)
the us just beat the hell out of poland. adu had a hat trick. altidore had a couple it seems.
but the us is doing well.
the europe area will probably see more of altidore and zizzo soon.

my favorite part of the tournament, first game with brazil and poland. some kid from poland gets his second yellow in about the 30th. he walks off the field very slowly, gently crying into his shirt. u-20s. ahh.

Return to “Footie”