52 songs

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

eebs

52 songs

Postby eebs » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:09 pm

http://52songs.blogspot.com/

will be updating this weekly with some commercially unavailable songs if all goes to plan.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:15 pm

wow! well done eebs. I'll add it to my daily trolling destinations.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

James

Postby James » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:13 pm

That is really awesome. I wish I could do the same, with all of those bands I saw in high school/college. There were some awesome ones, but I can't remember their music much anymore, much less the names of the bands. I'll read yours intently....

eebs

Postby eebs » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:53 pm

thanks - glad you like it. one of my new year resolutions was to transfer old tapes into digital so this is kind of a byproduct of that. some of the bands will be some old salisbury bands, some more nationally / internationally recognised.

there is a site someone on the salisbury footie threads found where someone is working on an archive of salisbury bands/venues from the 50's onwards - brought back a lot of good memories. also had a look at some of the bands who played at the old trout pub in windsor where some of my friends used to watch bands - some of the photos / bands led me to google and discover that they had either split in the mid 90's or had split and had reformed recently.

i wish i still had some of the flyers etc from the arts centre from when i was growing up. i haven't seen a gig there for 2-3 years now, the wedding present played a couple of months ago but we were out of town. we used to get bands like spacemen 3, the cardiacs, napalm death, swervedriver, exploited, subhumans but most of the bookings now are blues /world music based these days. shame really, it's a gorgeous venue.

rockfan

Postby rockfan » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:16 am

we used to get bands like spacemen 3, the cardiacs, napalm death, swervedriver, exploited, subhumans but most of the bookings now are blues /world music based these days. shame really, it's a gorgeous venue.
I imagine there was a lot of security at some of those shows you mention. Those acts usually only play the venue with the toughest security here. It's pretty much a done deal that Napalm Death or most of the others you mentioned would be booked at Masquerade. Now that the venue might close, I have no idea where those types of bands would end up.

eebs

Postby eebs » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:58 am

no security at all front of stage... well maybe the band crew on standby if there was too many people on stage.

when napalm played the second time there was almost a riot - the local 'punker than you' prat went up to the bass player of SOB and shouted 'remember nagasaki' in his face. cue 5 very angry japanese band members chasing him round the venue with baseball bats.....

rockfan

Postby rockfan » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:08 pm

That's why you need security. But that paints a funny picture! That's the stuff rock legends are made of.

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:36 pm

Eebs,

If you post old metal songs, please post an accompanying photo of yourself with long hair.

Thank you,
- Mere "Iron Maidment" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

eebs

Postby eebs » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:01 pm

mmmmm still looking for a photo but there's a new song up + a bonus cup of 'tea' today :twisted:

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”