The King Is Dead

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

Irock

The King Is Dead

Postby Irock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

So who's heard the new Decemberists? I like it, but the first three are still my favorite - it's like they ditched the violins for fiddles and listened to a lot of REM.

I'm hoping they come back to Tx after their summer UK tour.
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

katie

Re: The King Is Dead

Postby katie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:22 pm

shockingly, i haven't. i completely forgot it came out, to be honest. i'm downloading it now.

i love the first single and am looking forward to hearing the rest of it. i do love it when they get really conceptual (the crane wife, the hazards of love) but i enjoy their more straightforward fare, too.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

katie

Re: The King Is Dead

Postby katie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:23 pm

also, why are they ignoring the entire south on this tour? annoying. i'm hoping they'll be at bonnaroo.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”