Because it's been a Sham 69 kind of day and the Cup is close

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Because it's been a Sham 69 kind of day and the Cup is close

Postby aquaphase » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:05 pm

Anything being done for this year?
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

roach

Re: Because it's been a Sham 69 kind of day and the Cup is close

Postby roach » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:21 pm

I like when 2 countdowns to super fun times overlap.
opening games and bonnaroo weekend are the same... and bonnaroo just announced they'd be showing the games in the cinema. Only plan on missing music for the US game though. unless there is some crazy tape delay action and 4am kick offs... doubt that part.

my money is on a brazil/argentina final. Argentina was horrible in qualifying and maradona is a shit coach but playing in africa somehow makes this all ok in my head. and so does tevez and messi.

and yeah, I picked all the seeded teams to finish top of their group. partly because i don't see them enough to know and partly because they are all kind of badasses. historically.
group A
France
South Africa(if the us can get out of the group stage in 94 SA can in 2010)

Group B
Argentina
Nigeria

Group C
England
US

Group D
Germany
Ghana

Group E
Netherlands
Cameroon

Group F
Italy
Paraguay

Group H
Spain
Chile

second round
England beats Ghana
Nigeria beats France
Brazil beats Chile
Netherlands beat Paraguay

Argentina beats South Africa
US beats Germany(mostly as payback for the missed handball call on the goal line in 02. payback. please.)
Spain beats Portugal
Italy beats Camaroon

quarterfinals
England beats Nigeria
Brazil beats Netherlands

Argentina beats US
Spain beats Italy

semifinals
Brazil beats England
Argentina beats Spain

3rd place
England

Winner
Argentina

eebs

Re: Because it's been a Sham 69 kind of day and the Cup is close

Postby eebs » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:39 pm

No official England song this year so hopefully lots of unofficial ones like Sham 69 and my favourite - Fat Les

Suspect it'll be another year with no plans on final day to quote the 98 version of 3 Lions. Bucket of Custard anyone?

I started off some predictions but noticed that I eliminated all the African countries in the first round and by the quarter finals it was 6 European teams and 2 South American so I think I'm going to do a bit more studying on the times of games etc as that may give Ghana, Paraguay and Ivory Coast a better chance in those tight groups.

Would stick my neck out on Serbia as a dark horse in the group stages although they'd likely be up against England or USA in the second round. Greece look to have a decent chance to make the quarter finals. Both teams are ranked higher than you might expect on the FIFA rankings at the moment

I like the countdown clock here, 61 more sleeps :)

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”