lady gaga

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

ChrisLovesYou

lady gaga

Postby ChrisLovesYou » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:05 pm

is she cool?

i got into a really violent argument with a friend over her, and i quote
lady gaga has excerpts from the first letter of rainer maria rilke's 'letters to a young poet' tattoed on her left underarm. and she wears nude dresses made of latex. and she plays the piano with her high heels. and she can really, really sing. and she, like rilke, abhors irony and doesn't use it in her creative efforts. you wish you could be her and that's why you don't like her.
i truly wish i could write something with the subtlety, deep philosophical underpinnings and emotional yearning of 'just dance.' my creative efforts seem to lack the punch of a sharp bob haircut and fireworks shooting out of my chestpiece. maybe i will wear tighter clothes and get a david sedaris tattoo.

that girl used to be a dude y'all
she doesn't use sarcasm in her work either, it's as ineffective as irony at supporting an argument.
then she deleted me from facebook :(

fuck that noise, man, irony and sarcasm are not things you can opt out of. i'm gonna explode you with my mind, lady gaga.
i'm the law of the land, i got ga-ga-ga-ga-guh-guh-girls on the command

roach

Re: lady gaga

Postby roach » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:12 pm

it's hip in hipster world to like her. because she likes totally unique and the next madonna. I says she skip all that singing shit and put out her SEX. I bet Vanilla Ice would be willing to pose.

James

Postby James » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:28 pm

I've already argued this on Facebook. In the end, I find her music dull and inferior. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion though. Is arguing about her worth losing friends over? Or was she not that much of a friend anyway?
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

katie

Postby katie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:45 pm

i'm not a fan. i think i would rather like stefani germanotta, but this lada gaga bullshit isn't doing it for me. yeah, she can play the piano and sing, but does she show that off much? or is she just marketing herself as this weird fashionista flavor of the week tartlet?

OMG SHE HAS A RILKE TATTOO HOW ~*~UNIQUE~*~

is hating irony the new irony?

and also: her lyrics are shit.

[i'll be your girl
backstage at your show
velvet ropes and guitars
yeah cause you know
i'm staring between the sets
eyeliner and cigarettes]

wtf is that, seriously?
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

Jan

Postby Jan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 pm

She is rubbish. If you want a top quality lady pop star, look no further than the lovely Cheryl Cole. I just want to stroke her hair...

Sybil

Postby Sybil » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:43 am

is she cool?
In a word? YES.

Sybil
Are you on the list?

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:03 am

She has a great publicist and crazy clothes. I think she's probably a great pop star -- I'm just not crazy about any of the songs I have heard from her. Cool? Maybe, sure. Musician? Nah.

- Mere "my-my-my mediocre face, my mediocre face" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

Irock

Postby Irock » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:50 pm

I think the bigger issue here is this:

Your "friend" is a dumbass. Like, a pretty big one. Probably an 8.5 on a scale of 10. I know I came down on the other side of this argument the other week, but your friends comments actually make me kind of hate LG.

also: Anyone "abhors irony" is going to have a pretty hard time in life, especially as an artist.
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:31 pm

I vote no.

Phyllis

Postby Phyllis » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:42 pm

I LOVE HER

but your friend is stupid.
n_n

James

Postby James » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:13 am

She performed on the Royal Variety show last night, and this performance has gone a long way to change my mind about her actually...I've apparently been underestimating her musicianship, but given the performances I had seen previous it wasn't evident. This, however, is stunning.
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

Sybil

Postby Sybil » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Yes, James, I made this same mistake of mis-underestimating Ms. Gaga. That performance is indeed amazing. What turned me around is this video done a few years ago when she was in college and still known as Stefani Germanotta. It's some talent show thing at NYU that she unbelievably did not win, but the seeds of what we see now are clearly visible. It's a bit long, but watch it all. Totally worth it.

Sybil
Are you on the list?

katie

Postby katie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:34 pm

i wish she would stop doing all the stupid pop shit and publicize/focus on something else. she's making herself out to be a flavor of the month tart, and she could be something real. it annoys me that she just goes for the stupid makeup and crazy outfits and rockets shooting out of her tits when she has actual talent and doesn't need all the bullshit. she can do the stuff in the videos above, so WHY is she fucking around with shit like poker face and paparazzi?
dread stuff

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

roach

Postby roach » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:38 pm

WHY is she fucking around with shit like poker face and paparazzi?
because she is totally into post-irony. she's sincere!

katie

Postby katie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:41 pm

WHY is she fucking around with shit like poker face and paparazzi?
because she is totally into post-irony. she's sincere!
ohhhhh, i forgot all about post-irony.
dread stuff

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”