spree last night

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

mere1975

Re: spree last night

Postby mere1975 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:32 am

I'm in. I would have caught that show if it hadn't been a busy week at work, with an appointment, with Sam's city environmental advisory committee meeting that night and with my mother-in-law staying with us.

OMK, that sounded like a depressingly old reason to miss a rock show.

- Mere "I mean, stupid old" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

mr_j
Location: with an underworld spy or the wife of a close friend

Postby mr_j » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:38 pm

at least you didn't miss it because you didn't want to miss your stories!

James

Postby James » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:03 pm

tim did a nice job with sweet caroline. i really wish he'd explore his lower vocal register on a record, because it was unexpectedly fucking pretty.

His low register is amazing. His vocal range is amazing but generally most people don't notice because he always sings in that rocknroll register. I completely concur with you that he should explore that range more because it's damn good. Also, I tried to get him to not rely so much on that damn SPX effect that has been sort of his signature since TD, because then you'd really be amazed.
it also made me super nostalgic. and, in a weird way, extremely grateful. because if it weren't for tripping daisy and the spree, most of us wouldn't even know each other. my entire life would be completely different, and i'm happy that they created this music so i can be where i am today. if i had to name a band that changed my life, i would have to say the polyphonic spree, because they quite literally did.
When people ask me this question, I generally say The Smiths changed my life more than anyone, because they completely changed my outlook on things after hearing one song. But I suppose as far as my total life, yeah, TD/Spree changed more things than anyone, most of which are a matter of public record. Kinda hard not to. I mean, if it weren't for my involvement, I wouldn't have my beautiful Edie from my beautiful Emma, a house in the English countryside, a whole world of travelling experience, not to mention the creative and artistic aspects of being involved in such a group. Without The Smiths I probably wouldn't have had the mindset of being involved in such a group, but no doubt it's clear the Spree completely changed my life. For the better.
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:24 am

porpoise song got played. played lgiht and day(i think), soldier girl and a couple others. lithium. live and let die. also played their song they had a make a video competition... can't remember it's name... for a second we thought it was suitcase calling, but it wasn't. that reminded me of the first time i heard suitcase calling after joe butcher left and how empty it sounded without his geetar.
Head is one of my fave movies. Love that entire album. I think that would be a good cover for them.

zenmomma

Postby zenmomma » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:58 am

tim did a nice job with sweet caroline. i really wish he'd explore his lower vocal register on a record, because it was unexpectedly fucking pretty. they also had some old video playing on the side at the beginning and i got really happy to see mt jumping up to the camera.
I just watched the video of Sweet Caroline... kind of hard to hear but his voice really did sound nice.

Irock

Postby Irock » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:29 pm

I would kick Tim's ass in a Neil Diamond round of Don't Forget the Lyrics.
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”