but metal

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

eebs

but metal

Postby eebs » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:43 pm

pedals1

i'm not sure if this is serious, tongue in cheek or pure parody - from their myspace blog:
What the fuck is up? This is Michael Starr blogging from my hotel room here in Austin Tx.
Last night we were in Oklahoma doing radio. It was so cool to play "Girl from Oklahoma" on the air for for the morning drivers. Right now we are going from city to city doing radio shows and interviews introducing Steel Panther the right way: IN PERSON.

Metal is coming back and we are bringing it one show and one interview at a time.The response has been amazing so far. Only 2 stations have kicked us out for doing blow with the DJ's.We have nailed some pretty hot bitches while we have been on the road.Tomorrow night will be no exception!

Tomorrow night we play SXSW and it's crazy down here in Austin. This place fuckin rules and everyone is really cool and totally into Heavy Metal.Later tonight after I do my hair we are headed to a strip club right down the street to hook up with some slutty dancers so they can buy us drinks all night and maybe hang out and do stuff.

Being on the road rules. The record label gives us one free hotel room for us to all crash out in. They give us $20 a day for food which is more than enough for us to have Subway all day and night and still have money for smokes. They give us money to ride the bus were ever we want to go. Some times the record label will even send this rock promoter intern Dave Downey to drive us around and pick stuff up for us;)

Oh yea, we are going to have T-Shirts really soon. The artwork for them is totally rad. Just the way I imagined them, bright colors with lots of pictures of us on them. One more thing, you need to start requesting our song "Death to all but Metal" . Just call your local rock radio station and tell them to play the song. They all should have a copy of the single by now.

The single is slated to be availible in stores on 4/7..Also, Check out Kat Von D's new book. We have a 2 page spread in it..

Gotta roll......a joint (ha)

no kidding

M. Starr
The Music Biz-

I used to hate all the record companies. I used to think that they were all a bunch of dickheads that didn't know what good fucking music was all about. But when we signed our first record deal back in the 80's, I realized something. People who work at record companies are just a little slower. It takes time for them to recognize true genius. It's understandable. People didn't praise Einstein at first when he invented electricity. Why would they? Someone had to invent the toaster for them to truly appreciate that shit. Nobody praised Louie Armstrong for his accomplishments right off the bat. There are still people that don't believe that he actually walked on the moon.
It just means Steel Panther has to work that much harder to prove to the world that Heavy Metal is the only music that fucking matters. And when we finally do bring Metal back to the world, people will realize that Metal is the only thing and it's totally rad. And we will rock night after night and the bitches are cool and dn h fuck I'm so high aand Louie Armssteong will be vindicatedd foar eturnity fuck the Goo Goo Dolls they suck

katie

Re: but metal

Postby katie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:58 pm

fuck the Goo Goo Dolls they suck .
this dude obviously never heard their first three albums.

ka"fuck what they've put out in the past 10 years, but the shit before that is rawk"tie
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

ChrisLovesYou

Postby ChrisLovesYou » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:12 am

i can't get over this fuckin' video. this seems like something half the people i know would appreciate without irony.

the kids at university, they all have no style. they all wanna listen to metal or white reggae bands or... ugh... white funk bands. i don't even know where they come from. i try to start a party and put afrobeat on the stereo and everyone gets all edgy and confused, then someone accuses me of cultural imperialism and i have to choke a bitch
i'm the law of the land, i got ga-ga-ga-ga-guh-guh-girls on the command

Irock

Postby Irock » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Sarah Silverman's involved = straight parody. I love it.

Death to all Butt Metal.
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”