The Beatles

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

katie

Re: The Beatles

Postby katie » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:30 pm

i recently got an argyle sweater from target for like $13. you could easily take the sleeves off and make it a vest. it's blue and green and yellow. GET THERE.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

ChrisLovesYou

Postby ChrisLovesYou » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:45 pm

I loooove argyle sweater vests. If I could ever find any argyle for women without any Goddamned PINK in it, you'd think I was a total asshole.

And as long as I'm bitching about pink, I hate that Victorias Secret clothing line with a passion.
i once saw a girl wearing a green t-shirt that said 'PINK' on the front... in white! :o
i'm the law of the land, i got ga-ga-ga-ga-guh-guh-girls on the command

Phyllis

Postby Phyllis » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:20 pm

i actually own an argyle sweatervest. it's orange and white and red. i retract my previous statement.
n_n

Jan

Postby Jan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:34 pm

My favourite Beatles album is the White Album, I just love the ambition, excess and variety on it. I know that there is a lot of terrible, terrible songs on it (yes, I'm looking at you McCartney), but they pale into insignificance compared to the good ones. I love the sound of a band just pushing their boundary's, it maybe not working, but at least going for it.

My favourite Beatles songs... Um... I love "A Day in the Life", Lennon's melancholy vocal melody is possibly the best vocal melody I've ever heard. I love "She Said, She Said", "Long, Long, Long", "Taxman", "Here, There and Everywhere", "Don't Let Me Down", "Ticket to Ride", the Abbey Road Medley... I could go on forever.

As for people saying that they don't like the Beatles/saying that they're overrated. In the UK at least, my generation were saturated with Beatles songs since we were born, they were just everywhere; I can remember singing Beatles songs at school when I was 5 or 6. I doubt that you could speak to a 20-40 year old in the UK and not have them be able to list 10 Beatles songs. I think that makes people become a bit complacent to actually how good these songs were. It took me until my teenage years to re-evaluate the Beatles and I quickly realised that they are the greatest band to have ever existed. Yes, even better than the Smashing Pumpkins.

Sybil

Postby Sybil » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:12 pm

I just ran across an article about Graham Nash with a "ten questions for" thing, and I immediately remembered this thread. One of the questions:
What album would you take to a desert island?
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
As someone who has long been a huge fan of "CSN and sometimes Y" in all their variations and permutations, this explains a lot.

Sybil
Are you on the list?

Irock

Postby Irock » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:23 pm

St Pepper's... my dad told me that instead of touring they traveled around in an unmarked bus and would just set up and play unannounced, like in small parks. I dont' even know if that's true but I always sort of imagined that I could be at Cottonwood Park feeding the ducks and the Beatles would just show up and play to like 100 people.
That story was about Magical Mystery Tour, not Sgt Pepper's, duh.
Also, St = saint, Sgt. = Sargent. Duh.
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”