The Spree

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

katie

Postby katie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:28 pm

Is it possible to be bored and irritated at the same time?
yup. drinking and forking at the airport. feel your pain, mt.

and save the drama fo' yo' mama.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

mr_j
Location: with an underworld spy or the wife of a close friend

Postby mr_j » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:31 pm

Oh, Dev, come on. Don't make this a bigger deal than it is. Same thing to you, J. This is such a bad idea. People bouncing back and forth from one forum to another, trying to stir shit up.

J, you've had your fun and made your point.

Dev, so have you.

And even if we all let our tongues fly, it wouldn't solve anything. Let the band do what they will. If you like it, great. If not, whatever. Leave the n00bs their innocence. Mind our own business. There is no point to any of this.

Is it possible to be bored and irritated at the same time?
i should state that i was pissed that aqua and other forkers were one again in a roundabout waybeing blamed for things and i stated my opinion, in a roundabout way, and i simply wished to set the record straight, only to find the post edited. i deleted said post. annoyed? yeah.

shit, with the writer's strike and all, i get bored.

katie

Postby katie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:38 pm

so, wait. are you dutch now, michael? confusedddd.

ka"drunk?"tie
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

eebs

Postby eebs » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:56 pm

i was like that just now when i logged on.... who's the Dutch? phew for avatars staying the same :wink:

Dutch

Postby Dutch » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:00 am

i should state that i was pissed that aqua and other forkers were one again in a roundabout waybeing blamed for things and i stated my opinion, in a roundabout way, and i simply wished to set the record straight, only to find the post edited. i deleted said post. annoyed? yeah.

I totally understand and I don't blame you for being annoyed. And the account to which you responded was indeed inaccurate.

I'm just saying, what's the point?
"Mere 'I prefer my friends to stay in my computer' 1975"

eebs

Postby eebs » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:00 am

oh shit, that just reminded me of a day in the old chat where we all changed our names to someone else who was in chat. that was totally fucking confusing. i thought i was chatting to amy and it turned out to be .... pedals1

Dutch

Postby Dutch » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:02 am

oh shit, that just reminded me of a day in the old chat where we all changed our names to someone else who was in chat. that was totally fucking confusing. i thought i was chatting to amy and it turned out to be .... pedals1
Haha. That's funny.

Chat... those were the days.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 am

I find it interesting that a post "over there" was edited without your consent. I also find it interesting that the '05 "explosion" is being assigned blame and being swept under the rug as something we (also meaning me) did. If your shark is jumped it just is. Overprotecting your new set of full wallets that have come in the door won't do anything to take the bad taste out of the mouth of people who have "lived" through the past 5 years. Personally, I think the Houston show was killed because of bad ticket sales. They won't ever come out and say that but it's a reality that happens on many tours. Also, I don't think they were able to schedule a christmas show because: A) Many band members may not have been able to commit and B) it would be the same set they did just this week. If they really really really wanted to do something, they could have just done it at Good for a few days or even rented out Longhorn Ballroom or the Texas Theater. I guarantee I could get a venue for a reasonable price in about 45 minutes, and I don't even have anything to put on (aside from me dancing like a jackass for an hour or so on stage). They make it sound like an "aw shucks," but to me it just seems like a "nah, don't want to."
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

Rubbs

Postby Rubbs » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:39 am

Justin is correct.
I like connecting things.

Devdog

Postby Devdog » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:56 am

Honestly, I wasn't trying to stir anything up. I was just having a little fun. As far as Mr J's post being censored, I know nothing about it but I will see what happened because that is the exact thing I don't want to happen over there.

How is everyone by the way? Long time, no post.
Getting out my pitchfork. Poking your hay. - Spinal Tap

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:11 am

Honestly, I wasn't trying to stir anything up. I was just having a little fun. As far as Mr J's post being censored, I know nothing about it but I will see what happened because that is the exact thing I don't want to happen over there.

How is everyone by the way? Long time, no post.
we are uncensoredly wonderful. Gotta watch out for that Nazi Gazpacho.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

Dutch

Postby Dutch » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:27 am

Right on.

I am BC

Postby I am BC » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:32 am

If they really really really wanted to do something, they could have just done it at Good for a few days or even rented out Longhorn Ballroom or the Texas Theater. I guarantee I could get a venue for a reasonable price in about 45 minutes, and I don't even have anything to put on (aside from me dancing like a jackass for an hour or so on stage). They make it sound like an "aw shucks," but to me it just seems like a "nah, don't want to."
Thats kinda what I posted on the spork forum. I havent seen them in forever and was checking the forums every once in awhile to find out the Xmas date when I saw that. Next thing I know I'm getting blamed for bringing up old problems again.

The only problem I ever caused over there was with that little A.D.D drummer boy who decided to forum-fight me. I'm still kicking his ass if I ever see him in person just for the principle. Douches deserve beat downs.

Apparently this is a "banner year" for them. Funny...I'm not seeing them on the MTV Music Awards or on the cover of half the music magazines anymore.

At this point I've heard a million things pro/against Spree, so I dont know what to believe other than the fact that I'm surprised at how little I care to see them these days. In a way that kinda makes me a sad for some weird reason.

Just give me my Pumpkins show in a couple of weeks and I'll be fine.

James

Postby James » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:26 am

i must have missed something in my slumbers...

i'm going to post the fuck out of something after work though....
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

mr_j
Location: with an underworld spy or the wife of a close friend

Postby mr_j » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:30 pm

Personally, I think the Houston show was killed because of bad ticket sales. They won't ever come out and say that but it's a reality that happens on many tours.
I heard their management said they shouldn't worry about it, though. Houston's not a big college town.

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”