The Spree

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

lennon

Postby lennon » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:00 am

negatory. i have rehearsal and stuff tonight.

i would like to see the redwalls though.

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:32 am

I caught about half of the redwalls set when I saw them in SF and I thought they were pretty good.

Dutch

Postby Dutch » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:23 am

I'm going tomorrow night at Emo's, and I'm really excited. I've never seen "The Championship" live, and that song is bitchin. Plus, I'm curious what the "surprise cover" is for the Dallas show tonight, and if they'll do it here tomorrow.

Tyler's seen them twice this year and said they were amazing both times. Plus, the KEXP show from this summer sounded awesome, the vocals anyway (that was the only part I paid attention to cuz they were so flippin good).

Eff everything else. Who needs it?
"Mere 'I prefer my friends to stay in my computer' 1975"

Tracy

Postby Tracy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Plus, I'm curious what the "surprise cover" is for the Dallas show tonight, and if they'll do it here tomorrow.
By now you might already know but it was "Live and Let Die".
formerly known as valentine (and who lives in WEST Fort Worth)

mr_j
Location: with an underworld spy or the wife of a close friend

Postby mr_j » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:20 pm

the reason I liked the Spree in the first place was because they were so 70s-inspired. i guess the people he aims as his target audience doesn't really recognize that. and that a guy who's so obviously borrowed from Danielson has any right to claim overt originality....that's just too funny.

i wonder if somoene has started to believe their hype?

i like the music. but of one's ego...not so much.

Dalya
hipster

Postby Dalya » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:13 am

um. every white person ever stole their musical inspiration from black church choirs, who stole their inspiration from jesus, who stole his inspiration from god, who stole his/her/its inspiration from dark matter.

the end.
I myself am hell;
nobody’s here—

mr_j

Postby mr_j » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:06 pm

ironic how, as this debate starts up here, controversy starts up there w/disgruntled fans angry about Christmas show goings-on!

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:16 pm

ironic how, as this debate starts up here, controversy starts up there w/disgruntled fans angry about Christmas show goings-on!
I don't see it. They start to bitch, Julie shows up and throws out the "we just started trusting you" thing and they all turtle.

They are all back to their love fest now.

Irock

Postby Irock » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:57 pm

I hate it when you guys make me curious enough to go over there. It just makes me wanna smack people.

i "keep your opinion to yourself or they won't love us anymore!!!!" rock
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

Sybil

Postby Sybil » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:13 pm

This is why the really smart artists stay the hell away from the fans. Artistic egos are fragile enough, they don't need to hear every shred of criticism, and the great ones don't care what anyone thinks anyway. Conversely, fans should feel free at a FAN WEBSITE to express their opinions/praise/criticism etc.

Sometimes, familiarity really does breed contempt.

Sybil
Are you on the list?

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:26 pm

This is why the really smart artists stay the hell away from the fans. Artistic egos are fragile enough, they don't need to hear every shred of criticism, and the great ones don't care what anyone thinks anyway. Conversely, fans should feel free at a FAN WEBSITE to express their opinions/praise/criticism etc.

Sometimes, familiarity really does breed contempt.

Sybil
I completely agree. If they are paying the bills for the community then they can have a say. If they aren't, then they can just STFU.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

mr_j

Postby mr_j » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:46 pm

seems like the disease of revisionism, blaming their fans for their own problems, and failing to take responsibility for their own actions is about as long-lasting as herpes.

Phyllis

Postby Phyllis » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:04 pm

the band needs to butt out of the forums, honestly. it stirs up a bunch of unneeded drama. they blame the fans for starting drama when it's their fault for reading every single word their fans are posting on the internets. if they didn't feel the need to get involved then there would be no grief and everyone would be full of happy supersunshine rainbow blossoms.

just had to get that out. no more talk about the spree from me.
n_n

Devdog

Postby Devdog » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:09 pm

the band needs to butt out of the forums, honestly. it stirs up a bunch of unneeded drama. they blame the fans for starting drama when it's their fault for reading every single word their fans are posting on the internets. if they didn't feel the need to get involved then there would be no grief and everyone would be full of happy supersunshine rainbow blossoms.
just had to get that out. no more talk about the spree from me.

:lol:

Man does my tongue hurt from all of the biting.
Getting out my pitchfork. Poking your hay. - Spinal Tap

Dutch

Postby Dutch » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:25 pm

Oh, Dev, come on. Don't make this a bigger deal than it is. Same thing to you, J. This is such a bad idea. People bouncing back and forth from one forum to another, trying to stir shit up.

J, you've had your fun and made your point.

Dev, so have you.

And even if we all let our tongues fly, it wouldn't solve anything. Let the band do what they will. If you like it, great. If not, whatever. Leave the n00bs their innocence. Mind our own business. There is no point to any of this.

Is it possible to be bored and irritated at the same time?
"Mere 'I prefer my friends to stay in my computer' 1975"

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”