Why Henry Rollins is still a god.

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Why Henry Rollins is still a god.

Postby aquaphase » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:14 pm

Henry Rollins ran into trouble while flying from Auckland, Australia during the Big Day Out Tour.

Apparently, the former hardcore vocalist and author made the mistake of reading Jihad: The Rise of Militant Island in Central Asia while on the flight. The book - a largely academic look at the roots and conflicts in Central Asian and their connections to terrorism - apparently raised some red flags resulting in Rollins recieving what he described as "a latter from a nice woman who worked in one of those government areas that deals with anti-terrorism matters."

The individual who sat next to Henry had reported him to the government because of the book; while the letter he recieved from the government dismissed the accussation as "idiocy," Henry responded:
I was reading a book called Jihad by Ahmed Rashid which is a history of Central Asia. I didn't speak to the man next to me past how do you do. I think Ahmed Rashid is published by Yale University Press. Bush's alma mater. Please tell your government and everyone in your office to go fuck themselves. Tell them twice. If your boss is looking for something to do, you can tell him I suggest he go fuck himself. Baghdad's safer than my hometown and your PM is a sissy.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

roach

Postby roach » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:34 pm

"...to go fuck themselves. Tell them twice"

i really want to use this in a couple emails this morning.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:37 pm

I'm suprised he didn't throw in the sheep-fucking angle for the kiwi's.

Is DC really more dangerous than Baghdad? Maybe back at the height of the Marion Berry crack-storm between 88 and 92. Not now, I hope.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:02 pm

I'm suprised he didn't throw in the sheep-fucking angle for the kiwi's.

Is DC really more dangerous than Baghdad? Maybe back at the height of the Marion Berry crack-storm between 88 and 92. Not now, I hope.
actually, I was just listening to an NPR report this morning about how DC doesn't have its own crime lab; rather opting to use the FBI crime lab to process DC's materials.

Apparently the DC cops have overwhelmed the FBI lab with all their cases.

Here's a link to the page/audio
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

James

Postby James » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:43 pm

You should go stand on NE V street and tell me what you think. The Northeast side of DC is, by far, the worst ghetto I have ever seen in any city in this world. And I've been through Compton, Harlem, The Bronx, Oak Cliff, and fuckin' Juarez.
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:02 am

You should go stand on NE V street and tell me what you think. The Northeast side of DC is, by far, the worst ghetto I have ever seen in any city in this world. And I've been through Compton, Harlem, The Bronx, Oak Cliff, and fuckin' Juarez.
I have only been to the Mall and a couple of the big sites, so I couldn't say exactly how bad DC is now. But he said its worse than Baghdad. If he had said it was the shittiest shit hole in north america, I wouldn't have even thought to mention it. From a global perspective, it might make the top ten or something, but I would imagine several places in Iraq and the Sudan would take the top of list, hands down. Plus, I really wanted to mention Marion Barry, one of my personal heroes:

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country"
Last edited by sam on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catlolo

Postby catlolo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:14 pm

I guess it's nice to know that ol Hank still has a bit of the non-conformist shit raisin in him that turned me on years ago. The last time I spent money to hear his spoken word show he had ditched the fantastic dark pants and t-shirt for a fucking Armani suit. Then I see his ass doing shows on fucking cable t.v. and man did they suck out loud!!! Like piss poor excuses for monster truck game shows. sorry ass bastard.

I love him, he got me through some mental shit a long time ago and he's a tough bastard in that Armani suit, suppose you can't blame a fella for movin on up. We didn't kick George Jefferson when he and the Mrs. moved uptown did we? And we still listen to Green Day don't we?

fuck, I really don't know where I'm going with this....just felt like having a rant.

kip

Postby kip » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:45 pm

Henry is the man! I'm glad he:

A) had the gumption to read what he damn well wants no matter what the title may suggest and no matter where he is...we all have the right to read and think freely in this country...

and

B) Had the balls to tell the government to go fuck themselves (twice!) when they decided to menace him with a letter of reprimand.

Rock on Hank!

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”