houston?

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:16 pm

it was on mls' page, hidden and junk. the houston fans seem to dig it. if football can have the 49ers and minor league baseball has the 89ers then soccer gets its 36ers. if it ended in a 9, like 39ers, it would sound better.
Ahh, but don't forget the 76ers.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

James

Postby James » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:23 pm

it was on mls' page, hidden and junk. the houston fans seem to dig it. if football can have the 49ers and minor league baseball has the 89ers then soccer gets its 36ers. if it ended in a 9, like 39ers, it would sound better.
Didn't the 89ers change their name to the Redhawks or something like that?

36ers sounds pretty dumb, but it sounds infinitely better than the 43ers. Or the 84ers. Or the 31ers. Or the 60ers. In fact, even the 49ers is dumb. Ooh, I'm scared of a number...

roach

Postby roach » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:29 pm

Didn't the 89ers change their name to the Redhawks or something like that?

36ers sounds pretty dumb, but it sounds infinitely better than the 43ers. Or the 84ers. Or the 31ers. Or the 60ers. In fact, even the 49ers is dumb. Ooh, I'm scared of a number...
yup, according to some website, the 89ers caught the gay and became the Oklahoma RedHawks.
I was never much of a bird name fan. i played on a team called the hawks or something like that once. suck.
my favorite team was 7th grade baseball, red devils. we had this high looking devil on our hats and the coach was 18 or 19 and a huge megadeath fan.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:21 pm

We can't help it that Republic of Texas and Houston were founded in a lame sounding year. Shortening it helps, as in the Houston 36. I think, though, that those are good things to commemorate. Howabout the Houston, Thank God There Was A Civil War in Mexico and We Could Steal All This Dirt ? Maybe that wouldn't work out with half of their target demographic. In that case, it could be the Houston, Those Crackers Stole This Place in 36, but We Are Slowly Taking it Back.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:46 pm

The real kicker is that nobody outside of well-informed Texans is going to know what the hell 1836 means.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:48 pm

The real kicker is that nobody outside of well-informed Texans is going to know what the hell 1836 means.
That makes it Sports Edutainment, they will get millions from the feds if they can hire the right grant writer.

roach

Postby roach » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:29 pm

its starting to grow on me. it really beats the hell out pf jaguars or pantehers or raptors or fury or wild or earthquakes or real or fc.

and the date will confuse the masses just as much as the 49ers and 76ers.

i was hoping they would be orange and blue, but orange and black is also being talked about... not too bad.

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”