jack's pub

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

roach

jack's pub

Postby roach » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:23 am

i heard they're moving. then i remembered or thought i did that they are tearing down the old UA Cine and building something else there. it seems it was either something really cool, or something really shitty. And I can't remember. but it seems that it was someone around here that told me, or maybe i'm just hoping one of you smart folks with you nuts on the pulse of dallas just knew. it doesn't matter if you don't know, I guess, but if you do, then it does matter.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:18 pm

Indeed the Cine is gone. I saw the sneak preview of Pulp Fiction there. Had to sit on the floor in front of the first row. Just about every theater of my youth is gone. When the Northpark AMC opens and Glen Lakes closes, it will be all of them.

The fine people at Post Properties are to blame in this case:

http://www.postasylum.com/flash.htm

roach

Postby roach » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:09 pm

i went to see requiem for a dream there and was all kinds of toe. and i sat next to a smelly man who was larger than your standard movie seat. and he was a mouth breather.
also saw kids there.
stupid old theaters not having that new theater sparkle.

betty brown

Postby betty brown » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:14 pm

I hate new theatre sparkle.
dance you forker dance you forker

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:40 pm

i sat next to a smelly man who was larger than your standard movie seat. and he was a mouth breather.
That reminds me of riding the TNM&O next to this huge Indian, er Native American, whose snoring was interrupted by 15 or 20 second long gaps of complete silence. It was rough.

And the Cine has not actually been torn down yet, but you can see a big parking garage going up behind it. I am guessing that the theater will be dust soon.

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”