my ipod is broke

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

stephen

Postby stephen » Wed May 03, 2006 8:05 am

i think mine's 4th gen. 40gig with a click wheel. it's been good to go for two and a half years now. i bought it from amazon though, so where would i send it if there's a problem? they only offer a 30 day problem thing?

i've tried reformatting, but it just wont work. says the ipod has locked up, make sure nothing else is running and try again, i try again and it freezes.

should i send it to apple? will they give me a new one? where did uk people send them to?

stephen

Postby stephen » Wed May 03, 2006 9:02 am

nah it's fucking broke, what a piece of crap eh.

i've restored everything, still nothing works. nothing recognizes anything. even the display has decided to stop working in little sections.

do they refund or replace?

Dutch

Postby Dutch » Wed May 03, 2006 4:22 pm

nah it's fucking broke, what a piece of crap eh.

i've restored everything, still nothing works. nothing recognizes anything. even the display has decided to stop working in little sections.

do they refund or replace?
If it's under warranty, they should replace it. I would search the apple website and/or call and find out what their warranty policy is with products purchased through amazon. It will probably (definately) make a big difference whether you bought it new or used, as well.

Good luck. I was a wreck when mine wasn't working. Sad, I know.
"Mere 'I prefer my friends to stay in my computer' 1975"

brine

Postby brine » Thu May 04, 2006 11:54 pm

Wow, I never knew they had such a high failure rate! I'm lucky to have a dead battery, at least that's somewhat self-fixable.

The non-apple batteries you can buy for them have over double the battery life than the original ones. That's pretty bitchin'.

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”