i love my friend patty

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

froggorino

i love my friend patty

Postby froggorino » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:27 am

but she is always sending me chain emails like this:

I wrote your name on a piece of paper, but by accident I threw it away I wrote your name on my hand, but it washed away.

I wrote your name in the sand, but the waves whispered it away.

I wrote your name in my heart, and forever it will stay.

Send this to everyone you love including the person that sent it to you. If you send this to 10 people in the next 43 minutes, then tomorrow will be the best day ever!!!!--------friends are okay to send it to!

it drives me nuts, cause i have asked her not to. she got kind of offended seeming, and continues to do it anyway.

got any friends like this? what would you do?

frog"question machine"gy

eebs

Postby eebs » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:06 am

i don't get many chain emails, but if i were you i'd click delete once read, unless the subject line was a give away. then if they asked why i didn't forward, reply etc say i was too busy / hadn't looked at it yet / didn't have 10 friends to send it to who wouldn't be offended by it.. :wink:

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:50 am

I had a co-worker that sent those to me and the rest of my work group all the time. I told him to drop a nut and stop sending that crap out.

"I thought you would appreciate it."

Do I look like the kind of guy that would appreciate pictures sleeping kittens or touchy-feely good-luck emails?

ree-ree

Postby ree-ree » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:12 pm

We have nieces (young adults) that sent chain letters all the time. A lot of them were "Jesus loves you" in nature; their church is a little aggressive. We deleted them and never said anything although we were getting more than one a week at one point.
I had already asked them not to invite me to their home shopping parties (jewelry, tupperware, kitchen chef, etc.) because, again, they were so often and I really wasn't interested but I felt sort of bad about it, so I never mentioned the chain letters.
They also had a bad habit of passing on emails and info. that were fake and they never bothered to check the authenticity.
Anyway, my sister in law (who's a little nuts) blew up and sent them an angry cease and desist e-mail and by sheer luck they stopped sending them to me also.
"Don't go to bed mad. Stay up and fight"

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:52 pm

Do I look like the kind of guy that would appreciate pictures sleeping kittens or touchy-feely good-luck emails?

Yes.

- Mere "I guess everyone has at least one friend and/or relative who sends these -- mine are my old roommate Amy and my Aunt Linnie" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

ERock

Postby ERock » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:54 pm

We have nieces (young adults) that sent chain letters all the time. A lot of them were "Jesus loves you" in nature; their church is a little aggressive. We deleted them and never said anything although we were getting more than one a week at one point.
I had already asked them not to invite me to their home shopping parties (jewelry, tupperware, kitchen chef, etc.) because, again, they were so often and I really wasn't interested but I felt sort of bad about it, so I never mentioned the chain letters.
They also had a bad habit of passing on emails and info. that were fake and they never bothered to check the authenticity.
Anyway, my sister in law (who's a little nuts) blew up and sent them an angry cease and desist e-mail and by sheer luck they stopped sending them to me also.
I usually reply all back to email like this with unsubscribe in the subject. so if they sent it out to 20 people all of them get my message.

yea I am an ass, but I don't get those emails anymore.

Steveums
Mr. Leotard

Postby Steveums » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:12 pm

Yeah, I just have a go at them for being an idiot. It's the right thing to do.

mr_j
Location: with an underworld spy or the wife of a close friend

Postby mr_j » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:28 pm

yes.

pass it on to wee. i'm sure she'd appreciate it. or maybe she'd call you an asshole.

kt

Postby kt » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:58 pm

At least that chain letter didn't have an imbedded curse as the last line. ("If you don't forward this to 1000 people in the next five minutes, you will have one year of horrible luck and your dog will die")
:evil:

I have one friend who sends me, just about every other day, an email with literally 100 smilies in it, and worse, replaces every possible noun in the email with a clip art icon. AAUGH! And I am NOT kidding. And she ends each one with a line such as "I hope your day is filled with sunshine (icon), warm hugs and squeezes, lots of laughs, puppies, and miles and miles and miles of Smiles (icon)."

I mean, I feel like such an ass for complaining about it, because that's really really nice of her and all, and I do love her a lot. But, ya know....?

Kristen

Postby Kristen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:08 pm

My grandma sends them to me and I just delete it without opening it. I can't stand them, they're always about how god loves you, send it to all your friends, support the troops and blah blah blah. It's like alright grandma, you aren't even on real speaking terms with me why send me shitty emails? My mom sends me a few once in a blue moon though and its just stuff she thinks I need to know like "women- be on defensive", "how to spot a rapist", etc. and I know for a fact that if my dad's looney french stepmom knew my current email address I'd get a million a week from her.

I also hate all the stupid chain bulletins on myspace. "REPOST THIS OR YOU WONT HAVE SEX FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, YOUR DOG, MOM AND LIL' OL' GRANNY WILL DIE OH, AND A CLOWN WITH BOTH A PENIS AND VAGINA WILL WAKE YOU UP AT 3 IN THE MORNING AND KILL YOU WITH A FORK" c'mon people, that happens everyday who needs to repost something to make it happen? :wink:
"SINCERELY"

Irock

Postby Irock » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:14 pm

I mean, I feel like such an ass for complaining about it, because that's really really nice of her and all, and I do love her a lot. But, ya know....?
I don't think it's really nice. I think it's a trite, meaningless attempt at trying to convince (or remind) everyone else you're nice. Nice would be getting an Email from her once a month saying, Hey Kt - what's up? I was just thinking about you last night and wondered how your trip to the coast was. Let's have dinner soon.
I also hate all the stupid chain bulletins on myspace. "REPOST THIS OR YOU WONT HAVE SEX FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE...
I'm priiiiiddy sure I saw where you posted one of those, at least once...

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”