Know what I wish I could skip over?

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

Irock

Know what I wish I could skip over?

Postby Irock » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:09 pm

All the media coverage of the tenth anniversary of the towers falling. I think I'm going on a media blackout. I know it's important to remember, and to think of the people whose lives were destroyed.

But just the thought of another emotionally manipulative news story by a guy with good hair or seeing any of that 'exciting' live footage again just depresses me.
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

katie

Re: Know what I wish I could skip over?

Postby katie » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:28 am

ten years? oh shit.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

roach

Postby roach » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:47 am

I'm right there with ya on wanting to black out the media, I lived this whole thing and won't get any more info/answers/trivia by watching another show about it. There's been constant talk about it for 10 years and not many days pass where I don't think about it for one reason or another.

James

Postby James » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:24 pm

You'd think we'd be safe from it, but it's probably almost just as bad here.

I watched a show on BBC3 last night where this comedian took about 5-6 people with hardcore conspiracy theorist views and took their issues, one by one, to various experts, people who where there, etc, and frankly to a sane person dispelled most of them. For example, how the buildings fell straight down instead of falling over = demolition expert). While I'm not going to wash the Governments hands (after all most of them said it would have been stopped had the Intelligence agencies shared information), scary lunatics that hold on to their views in the face of common sense, reason and science scare the sh!t out of me.

That said, I lived it too, and there's no need to re-live it. Although people will and turn it into something it's not...
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:35 am

All those conspiracy theories but nothing about a rational US foreign policy, sigh.

roach

Postby roach » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”