Craiglist makes me laugh

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

roach

Re: Craiglist makes me laugh

Postby roach » Wed May 19, 2010 8:53 pm

i just had a ringer with a happy face totally stoned on it.

ro"raver"ach

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Thu May 20, 2010 2:39 am

I played pool with those boys in Trees. Didn't realize who they were until they spoke with thick accents.

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:56 pm

I played pool with those boys in Trees. Didn't realize who they were until they spoke with thick accents.
Was it on election night in November 1992? If so, I was at that show!

- Mere "still 17 so I couldn't vote for Bill Clinton yet, but was listening to the polls on the way to and from the show" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Thu May 20, 2010 10:02 pm

Was it? It was in '92 but I didnt' remember it being election night. Who opened for them? (The may have been opening for someone else.)

I was there by myself. I don't remember why I was there so early. I had a friend that worked there that would let me in and I hung out there quite a bit... seeing bands I wasn't even familiar with. I wasn't a NADB fan, really. Just showed up to have something to do.

Gah. That's bothering me now. Why was I there so freakin' early? It was still daylight outside and I was playing pool upstairs. They came up and played at the second table and eventually we played a few games together and I stuck around for the show after talking to them a bit.

Dalya
hipster

Postby Dalya » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:11 pm

There are periods of time where the popular music is better/worse. I'd say that the 90s was pretty bad in that department. Early 90s was sorta bad and late 90s was boy band and Spice Girls hell.

You have to remember: I went to a Jewish day school with 20 kids in my grade. I didn't have access to record stores yet. All I remember is the horrible bar/bat mitzvah party music. Ugh. The worst. I'll take Lady Gaga and [some] Britney ("Toxic," "If You Seek Amy") over Spice Girls and 98 Degrees any day... and that effing Armageddon song.

All the really great 90s music I found after 2000, so, to me, it was harder to find.

Nirvana is the only exception. For me.
I myself am hell;
nobody’s here—

katie

Postby katie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:19 am

most 90s music > lady gaga & britney fo'sho. dalya, you crazy.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Yes, you crazy.

If you're not swayed by Tripping Daisy "Jesus Hits like the Atom Bomb," the Pixies 90s albums, Flaming Lips "Soft Bulletin," or Radiohead's "OK Computer" or "The Bends," then I won't even bug you to go back and listen to Belly, Jellyfish, Oasis, Blur, Eels, Weezer, Bjork, Foo Fighters, Toadies, Beck, Beastie Boys, R.E.M. (Out of Time), Matthew Sweet. . .

- Mere "just scratching the surface of great 90s music" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:07 pm

...pavement, ride, guided by voices, nuetral milk hotel, yo la tengo, olivia tremor control, stereolab, pulp, the rock*a*teens, course of empire...

Irock

Postby Irock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:07 pm

...TMBG's Flood (among others), The Cure's Wish, the Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Tori Amos, 10,000 Maniacs, Elliott Smith...
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

katie

Postby katie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:16 pm

... of montreal, the smashing pumpkins, toad the wet sprocket, morphine, poe, the violent femmes, the toadies, sublime, the eels...
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

Irock

Postby Irock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Plus, if pop music is your thing, and you like Gaga, there was this Madonna lady who made some music in the 90s...
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”