Healthcare bill passes!!!!

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Healthcare bill passes!!!!

Postby aquaphase » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:27 am

Yay! Now we can be like the rest of the civilized world (and even Iraq). The big question now is: when is Rush moving to Costa Rica like he freakin' promised? €50 says he welches on that one.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

Irock

Re: Healthcare bill passes!!!!

Postby Irock » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:54 pm

The only reason I'd even consider taking that bet is that I believe cocaine is legal in Costa Rica. Even still, my money's on him staying put.

I'm still pissed off about the abortion coverage. If my tax dollars can be used to fund an illegal war that I believe is immoral, 'theirs' should be able to be used to fund a legal medical procedure. But whatever.
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:57 pm

The answer is simple: declare your unborn fetus an insurgent and they'll send a "surge" to "decommission" it. You'll be lauded as a national hero.

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Happy Days indeed. I'm still in awe of the fact that since Obama became President theose sad ass Republicans have dug their heels in on EVERY little thing he's done. They're so pissed he won that they can't and won't even help this country move forward. BASTARDS! On a plus note....screw them because nothing they've done has stopped Obama! YAY!!! Finally

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:24 pm

I'm about to de-friend Facebook acquaintances that posts crap like "Welcome to Socialiam, USA" or "Now I fear for my health and the health of my children." These same people talk out of one side of their mouth about loving God and being terrific Christians -- but they want to deny health care access to the "dirty poor."

- Mere "even Sarah Palin snuck over to Canada to get free health care" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

Sybil

Postby Sybil » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm still pissed off about the abortion coverage. If my tax dollars can be used to fund an illegal war that I believe is immoral, 'theirs' should be able to be used to fund a legal medical procedure. But whatever.
Yeah, I'm so with you on that. It's getting awful cramped down here under this bus. See the new boss, same as the old boss.

Sy "sending money to Planned Parenthood TODAY" bil
Are you on the list?

James

Postby James » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:44 pm

I'm about to de-friend Facebook acquaintances that posts crap like "Welcome to Socialiam, USA" or "Now I fear for my health and the health of my children." These same people talk out of one side of their mouth about loving God and being terrific Christians -- but they want to deny health care access to the "dirty poor."

These are the same people as well that have no problem sending people to fight in a pointless war started for pointless reasons as well. As much as it costs and as much as I think there are flaws with it, it just seems like one party wants to try and help people and the other party just wants to conquer, divide and re-write history to their stupid ideologies.

PS- don't know if you did it on purpose, but love the spelling of "Socialiam"; it's the same sort of spelling someone that posts that would use. Maybe that's a word in the new English language that the new textbooks will teach...
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

Sybil

Postby Sybil » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:57 pm

These same people talk out of one side of their mouth about loving God and being terrific Christians -- but they want to deny health care access to the "dirty poor."
And I've lived in Texas long enough to be able to know just who they mean by "dirty poor".

My son works in a warehouse environment, with an ethinically diverse workforce. He called me on his break this morning because he was so frustrated and said he needed to talk to someone with good sense about this whole thing. He said he didn't like to think that there is a racial angle, but sadly, it was undeniable at his job - the white people were pissed off and the black people all had the happy ass. I've lived in the South all my life, and I've seen that crazy dynamic before. And I find it crushingly sad that it still exists in this day and age - on both sides of that color line. Very discouraging.

Sybil
Are you on the list?

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm

These same people talk out of one side of their mouth about loving God and being terrific Christians -- but they want to deny health care access to the "dirty poor."
And I've lived in Texas long enough to be able to know just who they mean by "dirty poor".

My son works in a warehouse environment, with an ethinically diverse workforce. He called me on his break this morning because he was so frustrated and said he needed to talk to someone with good sense about this whole thing. He said he didn't like to think that there is a racial angle, but sadly, it was undeniable at his job - the white people were pissed off and the black people all had the happy ass. I've lived in the South all my life, and I've seen that crazy dynamic before. And I find it crushingly sad that it still exists in this day and age - on both sides of that color line. Very discouraging.

Sybil
This is the same reason Arlington doesn't have access to mass transit. I kid you not.

roach

Postby roach » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:16 pm

denton just broke ground on a rail station that will connect them with dallas. I like this.

roach

Postby roach » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:46 pm

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:54 pm

He said he didn't like to think that there is a racial angle, but sadly, it was undeniable at his job - the white people were pissed off and the black people all had the happy ass.
This reminds me of when I watched Obama's inauguration in the cafeteria of my old office, a big call center with a diverse workforce. There were some white people applauding (OK, maybe I cried a little, too) but there was a very definite color line. . . lots of black employees gathered around the TVs to watch and lots of white people going back to their desks to eat lunch. It was so disheartening to see people angry about something that gave so many others HOPE.

I really didn't see this healthcare issue as a racially divisive issue, but I suppose it is, too.

- Mere "shaking my head" 1975

P.S.
Sadly, "socialiam" was just a typo, but I'm glad it made you chuckle, James.

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:32 pm

yeah I hear you. I actually can't believe I've only had one person and not the one I would have really thought to be like that. oh well. This is far from perfect and far from over, but something is better than what we had, which was NOTHING. I just can't believe all those republicans and their out and out HATRED of Obama. I really loved Keith Olbermanns comments about the republican party from yesterday, all of it very true.

can't seem to make the youtube buttoms work... here's the link tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKeqwD4Nno8

Sybil

Postby Sybil » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:57 pm

I really loved Keith Olbermanns comments about the republican party from yesterday, all of it very true.
I love Keith Olbermann. I loved him on Sportscenter, and I love his political passion too.

And knowing that only last week Keith buried his father after a painful and protracted illness just gives that much more weight to anything he has to say on the subject of healthcare.

Sybil
Last edited by Sybil on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you on the list?

katie

Postby katie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:21 pm

keith olbermann started cornell at 16. that's pretty fn badass.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”