Eight Days

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Eight Days

Postby aquaphase » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:13 pm

University of Ottawa and Carleton University statisticians Philip Munz, Ioan Hudea, Joe Imad, and Robert J. Smith have mathematically modeled a zombie apocalypse, as published in the peer-reviewed book Infectious Disease Modeling Research Progress.

The analysis and conclusion of WHEN ZOMBIES ATTACK!: MATHEMATICAL MODELLING OF AN OUTBREAK OF ZOMBIE INFECTION, which can be used to model other real-world infectious diseases, is grim:

“An outbreak of zombies infecting humans is likely to be disastrous, unless extremely aggressive tactics are employed against the undead. While aggressive quarantine may eradicate the infection, this is unlikely to happen in practice. A cure would only result in some humans surviving the outbreak, although they will still coexist with zombies. Only sufficiently frequent attacks, with increasing force, will result in eradication, assuming the available resources can be mustered in time.”

So, how long do humans have if the zombie outbreak happens? Eight days.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

monet2u

Re: Eight Days

Postby monet2u » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:26 pm

I'd like to hear the chances in percentages on zombie attacks happening please, that would better help me gauge my level of hysteria. thanks

Irock

Postby Irock » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:03 pm

I love the word zombification.' And that these are the slow-walking, dim-witted zombies. Wonder how much less time it would take if they gave the zombies super-human strength.
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

Irock

Postby Irock » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:10 pm

I'd like to hear the chances in percentages on zombie attacks happening please, that would better help me gauge my level of hysteria. thanks
Wouldn't that be a much shorter and absoloutly no-fun paper?
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”