Post a pic of something you've seen today

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

Irock

Re: Post a pic of something you've seen today

Postby Irock » Fri May 29, 2009 1:21 pm

I drive by this on my way to work some of the time. It seems vaguely racist.
There's a hotel in Mesquite called the "Spanish Trails Inn" and their marquee for as long as I remember has always said, "American Owned." It could be totally in my head but I've always taken that to mean "Do not panic! We do have 'Spanish' in our name, but that does not mean we're going to speak Mexican at you."
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Sat May 30, 2009 5:15 am

Sorry that I have no pictures of the multitude of awesome motor-court neon signs that line 180/Division St in Grand Prairie and Arlington, but that would be what I would post here if I weren't so f*ing lazy. Photos will follow.

squeezle
original hater

Postby squeezle » Sun May 31, 2009 2:26 pm

caught this little guy last night
"Hope is for sissies"-House

Mere "hope deserves money" 1975

katie

Postby katie » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:42 am

i know that guy. he stole my marshmallows once.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

eebs

Postby eebs » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:41 am

a couple of days late as I couldn't find the right lead to download this from my phone.

Kuljit Bhamra presents a unique sunset-performance at the world famous Stonehenge. Together, with shaman Judith Seelig, electronica producer Tom E. Morrison and award-winning choreographer/dancer Nina Rajarani they will create a visually and acoustically vibrant performance using the stones as an integral part of an enchanting narrative.Brightly dressed dancers weave amongst the stones to pulsating tabla beats, Indian vocals and shamanic voices as the performers create an ambient and driving underscore to the question "If the stones could speak, what would they say?" Alternately powerful, tender, funky and bizarre, you will experience a remarkable love song between voice, drum and electronica that underlines a theme of grandeur and stimulates our awareness of the great big unknown.

We got there early so managed to score front row with a great view of the stones and performers. There was one point where the bassline kicked in and the hairs on the back of my neck just stood up and danced.

Phyllis

Postby Phyllis » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:53 pm

I drive by this on my way to work some of the time. It seems vaguely racist.
There's a hotel in Mesquite called the "Spanish Trails Inn" and their marquee for as long as I remember has always said, "American Owned." It could be totally in my head but I've always taken that to mean "Do not panic! We do have 'Spanish' in our name, but that does not mean we're going to speak Mexican at you."
passed a convenient store in east texas that had a large, AMERICAN OWNED AND OPERATED sign.

THANK GOD THE PERSON SELLING ME MY SLURPEE IS AMERICAN I WAS ABOUT TO PANIC FOR A SECOND
n_n

katie

Postby katie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:00 pm

a couple of days late as I couldn't find the right lead to download this from my phone.

Kuljit Bhamra presents a unique sunset-performance at the world famous Stonehenge. Together, with shaman Judith Seelig, electronica producer Tom E. Morrison and award-winning choreographer/dancer Nina Rajarani they will create a visually and acoustically vibrant performance using the stones as an integral part of an enchanting narrative.Brightly dressed dancers weave amongst the stones to pulsating tabla beats, Indian vocals and shamanic voices as the performers create an ambient and driving underscore to the question "If the stones could speak, what would they say?" Alternately powerful, tender, funky and bizarre, you will experience a remarkable love song between voice, drum and electronica that underlines a theme of grandeur and stimulates our awareness of the great big unknown.

We got there early so managed to score front row with a great view of the stones and performers. There was one point where the bassline kicked in and the hairs on the back of my neck just stood up and danced.
oh my GOD, i wish i could've seen that.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

eebs

Postby eebs » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:16 pm

we've got some video that Amy's dad shot, will get it up onto youtube and post it so you can get a flavor :wink:

eebs

Postby eebs » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:58 pm

roach

Postby roach » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:45 pm

wow!

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”