george dubya bush is totally a piece of shit.

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

roach

george dubya bush is totally a piece of shit.

Postby roach » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:02 am

"Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech." --George W. Bush, to Pope Benedict, Washington, D.C., April 15, 2008

ro"and he's about to be my neighbor and give my university an even more shitty rep"ach

ro"they have a good soccer team"ach

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:53 pm

and the Pope was all like "Hell yeah! Nailed it!" and shit on the insided.

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:57 pm

by default I guess we know who roach is voting for. :lol:

mr_j
Location: with an underworld spy or the wife of a close friend

Postby mr_j » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:05 pm

I hate to be totally pedantic, but "awesome" was an appropriate word to use in this situation. remember that awe means "an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like;" thus, awesome would be a good word to use to describe the Holy Father's speech. that two decades of surfer dudes have blurred the meaning doesn't change the appropriate nature of his word choice.

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:32 pm

you smoking weed?

Dogatron

Postby Dogatron » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:39 pm

I hate to be totally pedantic, but "awesome" was an appropriate word to use in this situation. remember that awe means "an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like;" thus, awesome would be a good word to use to describe the Holy Father's speech. that two decades of surfer dudes have blurred the meaning doesn't change the appropriate nature of his word choice.
your argument would be valid if george bush defined awesome as "an overwhelming feeling of reverence...", but I doubt if he's every uttered such a sentence in his life.
The best things in life are truely free
Singing birds and laughing bees
You got me wrongs says he
The sun don't shine in your TV

katie

Postby katie » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:57 pm

i don't go down to where you work and slap the dick outta your mouth. pedals1

dubya's piece of shittery is awesome. come on. no way did he mean the technical definition, are you joking? who uses awesome like that anymore? language is a constantly evolving thing, and awesome no longer means to be struck with the fear of god. i know it, you know it, and the american people know it!

ps. you're totally pedantic.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

Dogatron

Postby Dogatron » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:35 pm

ps. you're totally pedantic.

does the new and evolving definition of pedantic mean he totally likes balls in his face?
The best things in life are truely free
Singing birds and laughing bees
You got me wrongs says he
The sun don't shine in your TV

Dutch

Postby Dutch » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:50 pm

Yes, I'm sure that's the way President Bush meant it... since we all know what a pedant he is.
"Mere 'I prefer my friends to stay in my computer' 1975"

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”