is this wrong?

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

ERock

is this wrong?

Postby ERock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:56 pm

so I got a friend request on my space this morning, and although I couldn't quite tell who it was, I thought I knew, and denied her. I do know who it was, and honetly can't stand her even though she is marrie dto a friend. had I known for sure it was her, I would have denied her anyway. so is it wrong? should I continue to prtend I like her still even though I (thankfully) haven't talked to her in 6 months. of course i didn't send her a pm saying who are you or anything, just denied her friendship.

i don't think it is wrong, actually it amuses me, so what do ya'll think.

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:02 pm

I always feel bad when I deny someone.

Even if they are a shitty band or some guy that has a friend that thinks I remind her of her boyfriend.

ERock

Postby ERock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:04 pm

I have gotten the shitty band thing, but never they "hey you look my ex boyfriend".
I have denied lots of people, but never someone I have actually known. long story with this girl but in short nobody I know likes her, and is only nice to her because we like her now husband.

Irock

Postby Irock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:20 pm

Someone I know denied me; we were friendly aquaintences (and I think we still are). I didn't even notice at first and I think I sent her a second request because if didn't even occur to me that she'd deny me.
It hurt my feelings at first, but I just figured she only wanted close friends on her list, which was fine. I actually saw her husband at a party 2 weeks ago, and realized I had forgotten all about it.

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:35 pm

I have denied strangers and bands, but not anyone I know in real life. It's a strange thing, My Space. They ask you to publicly declare your friends. I guess if you use it to send bulletins to your friends, you want to be very selective about who's on there. . .

- Mere "good luck next time you see her, Erock!" 1975

P.S.
Love your avatar.

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

Dalya
hipster

Postby Dalya » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:40 pm

i deny lots of people from the other forum. i guess that makes me a forum snob, but im not gonna pretend to like you if i dont. hopefully that makes me honest and not a bitch? in any case, i dont accept people unless i genuinely like them and im friends with them. the only exception to this rule is that i accepted a bunch of my old campers because i felt too bad saying no to little kids.

ERock

Postby ERock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:45 pm

Someone I know denied me; we were friendly aquaintences (and I think we still are). I didn't even notice at first and I think I sent her a second request because if didn't even occur to me that she'd deny me.
It hurt my feelings at first, but I just figured she only wanted close friends on her list, which was fine. I actually saw her husband at a party 2 weeks ago, and realized I had forgotten all about it.
in my defense, she doesn't have a picture of herself up so how am i supposed to know who it was. even if she did though i probably would not have approved it.

Phyllis

Postby Phyllis » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:15 pm

it's myspace.
n_n

ERock

Postby ERock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:22 pm

it's myspace.
yea, but you don't know this girl. I don't want to trash her without her being here (see what kind of guy i am) but she is nutty

ree-ree

Postby ree-ree » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:43 pm

it's myspace.
yea, but you don't know this girl. I don't want to trash her without her being here (see what kind of guy i am) but she is nutty
But you'd be happy to trash her if she was here? :wink:
"Don't go to bed mad. Stay up and fight"

ERock

Postby ERock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:47 pm

it's myspace.
But you'd be happy to trash her if she was here? :wink:
no wink involved.... yes i would

oh yea I would like to add in each of these message I have typed up things bashing her, but decided it was totally not right and took it out before I posted it.
Last edited by ERock on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irock

Postby Irock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:50 pm

i deny lots of people from the other forum. i guess that makes me a forum snob, but im not gonna pretend to like you if i dont. hopefully that makes me honest and not a bitch? in any case, i dont accept people unless i genuinely like them and im friends with them. the only exception to this rule is that i accepted a bunch of my old campers because i felt too bad saying no to little kids.
Now I kinda want to send you a friend request, just to see.....

hmmm...

Steveums
Mr. Leotard

Postby Steveums » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:20 am

i deny lots of people from the other forum. i guess that makes me a forum snob, but im not gonna pretend to like you if i dont. hopefully that makes me honest and not a bitch?
Definitely a good plan.

Dalya
hipster

Postby Dalya » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:10 pm

Now I kinda want to send you a friend request, just to see.....

hmmm...
i'd accept you.

i think i'd accept everyone who regularly posts at forkers. unless i'm forgetting some ass hole who i hate.

oh, i wouldnt accept justin cause he stole my last fucking ambien the other day and i haven't been able to sleep without it. *shakey*

Jan

Postby Jan » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:40 pm

I guess it really depends what you are using myspace for...

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”