Sad news about Roy

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:05 pm

*Steve puts the lotion in the basket*

mr_j
Location: with an underworld spy or the wife of a close friend

Postby mr_j » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:09 pm

this thing sickens me beyond words. my dad had the disease "roy" had, and to see someone faking it for sympathy--or playing off of it to milk people's sympathy--pisses me off beyond belief. i was set to spend the day with my pa, and was looking forward to it, but now, i'm just...angry.

what a fuck.

Steveums
Mr. Leotard

Postby Steveums » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:34 pm

I am getting more and more concerned for Steve's visit to Georgia.

- Mere "what if Grumpy's farm is named Starman Acres?" 1975
Don't worry, Mere.

a) there's plenty of time to sort out what the fuck's going on
b) I'm sticking with Kip, anyway. He was going to drive me to roy's and stay there for a day or two.

whatever. i'll leave this a bit longer and see what happens

Irock

Postby Irock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:00 pm

I'm sure his post was intended to be a joke. "Ha ha, very funny guys." But that response tells us nothing - one way or the other. If someone accused me of faking another person, I don't know how I'd react. On the other hand, if it was true, I - um - don't know how I'd react.

I'm with Steve, I'm not jumping to any conclusions. But I'm going to Atlanta tomorrow and I'm NOT taking a tour of the GumpyOldFarm.

Steveums
Mr. Leotard

Postby Steveums » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:14 pm

I think for rational thinkers Mere and Philly to call bullshits, this has to be real.
I don't want it to be.

Let's see what roy says now...

roach

Postby roach » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:44 pm

b) I'm sticking with Kip, anyway. He was going to drive me to roy's and stay there for a day or two.
oh great, so we're gonna lose two of yas!!

Irock

Postby Irock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:31 pm

Let's see what roy says now...
I don't think it matters what Roy has to say now.
Justin's Spree board post just made the whole thing a lot more clear (thanks, Justin).

ree-ree

Postby ree-ree » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:01 pm

He might have all the diseases and crisis' that he talked about, but the attention grabbing to the point that an imaginary character was created means some mental health intervention is in order no matter how it plays out.
"Don't go to bed mad. Stay up and fight"

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:34 pm

Don't worry, Mere.

My $.02.

Don't go. Either of you. Especially now.

Devdog

Postby Devdog » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:36 pm

This only makes my decision to jump over here that much easier. Leave the crazies over there. Please.

Devdog.
Getting out my pitchfork. Poking your hay. - Spinal Tap

ERock

Postby ERock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:41 pm

This only makes my decision to jump over here that much easier. Leave the crazies over there. Please.

Devdog.
you want I should go back then? :lol:

froggorino

Postby froggorino » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:32 pm

Don't worry, Mere.

My $.02.

Don't go. Either of you. Especially now.
word. and double word.

frog"but then me and the hifi are usually eye to eye"gy

mr_j
Location: with an underworld spy or the wife of a close friend

Postby mr_j » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:03 pm

i just got back from my dad-time, and it was great. but i'll admit i was extremely...weired out...about going back to that place. i know what i said was extremely harsh, and i felt bad about it, but i'm not really particularly sorry i said it. i would have rather been proven totally wrong and look like a total and utter asshole (my response was the mother of all asshole posts, i will admit) than to be proven right. sadly...the evidence is extremely strong.

i told a young forker the other day that i simply am skeptical about people i meet on the internet, and this person thought yeah, maybe i was overreacting. i hate that my cynicism is right. i hate it hate it hate it, and, really. and i hate it for your sake that my cynicism and mistrust was right.

and i think hifi said it best--that kills something of the experience, not just of that particular website, but of humanity in general.

i know that some folks wonder about me, as i tend to shy away from social gatherings based around internet types of things. THIS IS WHY. and i hate that, too.

but for those of you out there that i know--even on a slightly superficial level--i think you guys are awesome.

Devdog

Postby Devdog » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:16 pm

My wife had a weird experience with someone she met on the internet. She met this person playing Canasta on Yahoo and have been friends for almost 2 years but never met. Her friend invited her to come to California for the weekend and my wife took her up on it. On the second day she was there, she meets this girl's family and they were all trying to pressure my wife to be this girl's surrogate because she had many miscarraiges. That freaked my wife out to the point she just left, took a cab to the airport, and took the next flight out. She still talks to this person every now and then but she swears she will never travel to meet someone on the internet again. Take that as a warning Steve.

Devdog.
Getting out my pitchfork. Poking your hay. - Spinal Tap

ERock

Postby ERock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:25 pm

if you meet someone from online I high recommend you don't make plans to stay with them, and arrange the first meeting in a public place.

people are nuts and can seem like anything online. it is much better to be safe than sorry.

I also avoid the social meetups on these forums, but mainly because I am on the other side of the country.

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”