Ask the Person Below You

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

katie

Re: Ask the Person Below You

Postby katie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:15 pm

no, but i do want to. i'm a sucker for a ballet movie and pi and requiem for a dream are two of my favorite movies so i'll probably like it. seems that people either love it or hate it, not too much in between.

do you have any fun saturday plans?
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

eebs

Postby eebs » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:00 am

Had a quiet Saturday - catching up on a bunch of things, watching FA Cup 3rd round and new CSI New York season, wandering around the shops with Amy - but just what I was in the mood for so it was a lot of fun.

How are you spending your Sunday?

roach

Postby roach » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:27 am

haven't started it yet, but looking forward to the inch of snow that will greet me. and couch I think. maybe get some nails and hang some things we got for christmas.

ever have your boss try to redirect a facebook thread you started as a comment on home owning away from the hash pipe direction it took back to the home owning? sub question, is that a sign I have an even better boss that I already thought I had. subber question, is grammar a deal breaker?

ro"and this here is public"ach

Irock

Postby Irock » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:54 pm

No, because my boss isn't on my friends list, and if she were she'd be on the special list where it looks like I never post anything.
Sub - meh, guess it depends on how cool you thought your boss was.
Subber - depends on the deal.

Think I should leave the house today? I didn't yesterday, and if it freezes I might not tomorrow. Could go for a record...
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:23 pm

It's your call if you'd rather stay on the couch with a dog or three, but I'm leaving the house today. (Did not leave yesterday. Still in my pajamas from Saturday night, in fact.) I just recorded our employee info line saying we are open for business as usual, so it'd be pretty funny if I called in and said, "nope." Drive safely, if you do!

How do you get to work?

- Mere "these days, I drive on surface streets for 25 minutes. . . Sam drives 5 minutes to DART station, takes the rail, then walks a few blocks" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

eebs

Postby eebs » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:41 pm

I have a sub 5 minute walk to work which I'm very grateful for. Means I can come home for lunch and switch off for an hour.

What do you need to get done today?

Irock

Postby Irock » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:36 pm

I have a dermatologist appointment @ 3:45, and I'm hoping to make a 4:30 yoga class. Otherwise I'll ahve to go to the 5:30, and that's a 60 minute class instead of a 90 minute, which is kind of a bummer.

I didn't leave the house yesterday after all, but I'm in the office today.

Did you / do you enjoy school?
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:53 pm

I was/am a chronic daydreamer so school, in general, was not good to me. If there was a class that could hold my attention or allowed for dreams then I was straight A's. If it was something that required tedious attention... like math and science... I eeked out with a D- on the second attempt.

Would you take a mulligan?

eebs

Postby eebs » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:21 pm

I've never played golf but I'd rather go with the shot I've played and to hell with it. Seems like a fancy name for cheating.

If you were in a band that was covering a Black Sabbath song, which one would it be and why?

Irock

Postby Irock » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:34 am

Iron Man, because it's the one I know.

How do you take your coffee?

katie

Postby katie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:22 am

i don't. i hate coffee, it makes me feel disgusting. i prefer tea, decaf. even better if it's brewed directly from herbs and not from a store bought teabag. heh. i said teabag.

when was the last time you flew?
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:20 am

Dec. 19, home from St. Louis to Dallas. The last two times I flew to Missouri, I ended up being sick/allergies/cold/sinus gunk for a good 2-3 weeks. There was a woman on the plan to St. Louis reviewing a business presentation on her laptop. She worked for Copenhagen Tobacco/Altria/Philip Morris and it was strategies for breaking into the college market and expanding smokeless tobacco.

Would you work for a tobacco company?

- Mere "call me a hypocrite since I smoked for a while, but no" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

roach

Postby roach » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 am

yes. I have few morals. I mean, we all know tobacco is bad for you so if you get hooked tough titty said the kitty.

ever whistle blown?

Irock

Postby Irock » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:36 am

Nooooo. A few times maybe I should have though... Minor shit but - like as an hourly employee I was sometimes asked to work over one week but promised comp time the following week. Not often & not a big deal to me at the time... But def a violation.

Ever NOT whistle-blown when you should have?

eebs

Postby eebs » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:38 pm

yeah - had to do bag searches at work when staff left the building, one time someone tipped their bag onto a table turning up hashpipes and a bob marley tin - if i had asked them to open the tin i knew what i would find but felt the look of panic on the persons face was lesson enough! In my current job if i didn't whistleblow in certain circumstances, I could be fined or sent to prison.... :?

if you could do a magic trick, what kind of trick would you do?

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”