Reverend Organ Drum @ Lee Harveys 8/18/06

Where the action is

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Reverend Organ Drum @ Lee Harveys 8/18/06

Postby aquaphase » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:36 pm

This should probably be mandatory. Just the essence of this TX music conglomoration should be enough to cause most to yell "Yee-Haw"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The band is Jim Heath ("The Reverend Horton Heat") on guitar and vocals, Tim Alexander ("Asleep At The Wheel"/"Elvis T. Busboy & The Blues Butchers") on Hammond organ, and Todd Soesbe on drums.

Driven by Tim's Hammond B-3, this band steers a different musical course than Reverend Horton Heat. They take on nuggets like "Soulfinger," the "James Bond Theme," "Route 66, " "Can't Buy Me Love," "St. James Infirmary" and Freddy King's "Hideaway."

Reverend Organ Drum also marks a distinct change in Jim's role. Rather than being the point man, musically, he is playing the part of sideman. "There's roots, retro...loungy." Jim said, trying to define their sound. "These guys will haul off and do anything, but yeah, we are a good lounge band."

They're much more than a good lounge band, and Jim doesn't stay a sideman for long. When it's solo time, he steps up with all the authority you'd expect from the Rev. They make a bigger sound than most four or five-piece bands. They've ended some shows with a very musical drum solo (Todd smiling all the while), only to come back with Black Sabbath's "War Pigs." (Excerpted from a story that originally appeared in Buddy Magazine, December 2004.)
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

roach

Postby roach » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:41 pm

oh yeah. i heard about this when they were playing at All Good awhile back. but like most things I missed it, but I totally meant to go. Y. M. ..<----- see what my computer is doing??????

I'm there.

sam
The Don

Re: Reverend Organ Drum @ Lee Harveys 8/18/06

Postby sam » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:17 pm

T..."There's roots, retro...loungy."...
Sounds like a good fit for Lee Harvey's to me.

mr_j
Location: with an underworld spy or the wife of a close friend

Postby mr_j » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:52 pm

i think a trip down from the pineywoods might be in order for mr. j....

roach

Postby roach » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:36 pm

i think a trip down from the pineywoods might be in order for mr. j....
I'll believe this one when I'm head deep in a bucket of stella!

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:26 pm

I'll have to miss this as my three day tour of Texas barbecue joints is now confirmed for that weekend.

Return to “Events”