Forkers + Futbolito = Fun?

Where the action is

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Forkers + Futbolito = Fun?

Postby aquaphase » Mon May 01, 2006 10:12 pm

Futbolito Tournament, June 3

Any of you guys in the Metroplex interested in playing? I've got 3 confirmed, but we need 4 more. We're going for the "Adult Recreational" division so there aren't great expectations. C'mon chucklenuts, you know you want to play.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Mon May 01, 2006 11:34 pm

As the gov says, why the hell not?

roach

Postby roach » Tue May 02, 2006 4:56 am

I won't be back on the field until around september.

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Tue May 02, 2006 2:03 pm

Let's put it this way.... the only time I played soccer in any kind of organized fashion, I was given the position of gaurdian.
That was in the second grade. It was years before I finally learned that there is no such position and that goalies are perfectly fine being left alone. They don't need someone to keep them company while the ball is at the other end of the field.

And I've since learned that hush puppies are inappropriate footwear for soccer.

Sybil

Postby Sybil » Tue May 02, 2006 5:01 pm

Soccer is a sport that involves much running, yes? That means I am qualified for the position of enthusiastic spectator.

Sy "if you see me running, please shoot whatever is chasing me" bil

roach

Postby roach » Wed May 03, 2006 5:06 am

Let's put it this way.... the only time I played soccer in any kind of organized fashion, I was given the position of gaurdian.
That was in the second grade. It was years before I finally learned that there is no such position and that goalies are perfectly fine being left alone. They don't need someone to keep them company while the ball is at the other end of the field.

And I've since learned that hush puppies are inappropriate footwear for soccer.
HAHA that's funny. And it was smart teacher to at least make you think you were involved.

Dutch

Postby Dutch » Wed May 03, 2006 4:38 pm

Ha. I was a guard when I was a little kid, too. Our team had really good offense, so there was never any action on our end of the field, anyway. When there was, though, I was always distracting the goalie and other guard with my witty repartee. They enjoyed it until the coach yelled at us. My futball skills have since improved; I actually enjoy a friendly game in the park these days, when I can. Too bad I won't be there :(

Last summer I took a ball point blank to the nose (no Clueless jokes, please Dalya). It was forkerific. I rule.

Actually, that may have been two summers ago. In fact, it was. No matter. It was still hardcore.
"Mere 'I prefer my friends to stay in my computer' 1975"

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Fri May 05, 2006 6:34 pm

My childhhood playing time consisted of following the little scrum around until the ball popped out near me and then kicking it as hard as I could in no particular direction. This kept me from getting kicked in the shins and had less running involved. I was also a terrible goalie for a while, mostly because I was usually the tallest kid on my team.

Will this strategy work for Futbolito?

roach

Postby roach » Fri May 05, 2006 7:59 pm

I played goalie under 6. we were good so it was just me and my two female fullbacks drawing in the dirt. one of those females went on to become a dallas cowboy cheerleader.

ro"i'm too afraid of the ball to be a goalie now days"ach

betty brown

Postby betty brown » Sat May 06, 2006 7:57 pm

I'll play in August when I come back from tour. we're gonna be called the forkers, yes? or something to that effect?
dance you forker dance you forker

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Tue May 16, 2006 5:57 am

Any other Futbolito takers? We've almost got a full team that actually might have some decent talent. We probably won't win much (if at all), but it'll be a serious hoot.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Wed May 17, 2006 2:16 am

So, what does the official list look like?

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:38 pm

Well, we kicked a lot of ass out there today. Sam even scored a goal (it still counts, even if it was an own-goal). Nearly everyone was injured in our first game against some monsters who apparently weren't aware that this thing was for fun, but we did win our first (of three) games by forfiet, so we weren't at the very bottom of our bracket.

Now, of course, I have a broken big toe on my right foot, so I'm waiting for the adrenaline to wear off and the hurting begin. At least I know how to self-medicate.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:10 am

roach

Postby roach » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:50 am

Now, of course, I have a broken big toe on my right foot, so I'm waiting for the adrenaline to wear off and the hurting begin. At least I know how to self-medicate.
your toe lookd tuff now.

Return to “Events”