10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack tonight at UTA!

Where the action is

Moderator: aquaphase

Doomius

10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack tonight at UTA!

Postby Doomius » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:19 pm

Mel Brooks' son, Max Brooks will be giving a lecture about how to survive a zombie attack tonight in Arlington. Useful information that everyone should know!

10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack

Irock

Postby Irock » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:26 pm

I can't believe I didn't hear about this. All I get on the UTA English Major Listserv is stuff about the stupid Horn of Africa conference and Author lectures.

And Wanda Sykes, 11-18. (!)

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:37 pm

I read his Zombie Survival Guide and loved it. Lots of really solid advice on how to be prepared in general and specifically for a rising of the undead.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Postby Sgt. Kabukiman » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:01 am

been awhile to be here *forum* but max brooks is awsome and it was awsome, ive found that all though i might survive a attack i would not survive a head on head battle but i would be retarted to do that thou
-pick up world war Z!
-kent

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:02 pm

Yes, stealth really is key if you need to get out of a zombie infested area. What bothers me is that all those internet billionaire dicks that bought castles in Ireland will probably be the only survivors.

ERock

Postby ERock » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:17 pm

I thought it was just me being from Pittsburgh (Romero shot all the orginal dead films here) but I am obssesed with fortifications for when the zombies arrive. it is mostly a joke, but I alway keep an eye on the graveyard near my house.

a lot of my friends are the same way. I guess zombie fear is nation wide

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:37 pm

No need to fear the graveyards as it is caused by the virus solanum. A well fortified spot is a must, though. The book suggests, citing precedent, that older school buildings and prisons are very good spots with strong doors, barred windows and access to food and water.

ERock

Postby ERock » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:45 am

ahh but don't zombies return to places that are stong in their mind from their life? would an ex con zombie return to a prison if that is what they knew?

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:36 pm

The FVZA (Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency) says so, but the Zombie Survival Guide says no, nothing from their life survives. There is a lot of contradictory information out there. One of the goals of the Survival Guide is to settle these matters. Still, I suppose it's better to be cautious. Besides, unless you are actually dead, visting a grave, or an angst-ridden teenage goth turd, there really isn't a good reason to go near a graveyard.

I think an old school is the way to go if you are stuck in the city. There has got to be a way to buy a derelict building cheap and outfit it with surplus equipment for the long-haul. And if your right, you only have to fight off undead kids, which should be a little bit easier. Just watch out for the gym coach.

eebs

Postby eebs » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:14 pm

i quite fancy the "sod it, i'll become a zombie option" should such an event occur. is this acceptable behaviour?

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:31 pm

I could see going for the vampire thing if there were an uprising of that sort. For zombies, you are dead, which I'd rather not to be. If you're a zombie, I will cut your head of with a machete and burn your remains. I strongly prefer not doing this to my friends.

ERock

Postby ERock » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:02 am

The FVZA (Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency) says so, but the Zombie Survival Guide says no, nothing from their life survives. There is a lot of contradictory information out there. One of the goals of the Survival Guide is to settle these matters. Still, I suppose it's better to be cautious. Besides, unless you are actually dead, visting a grave, or an angst-ridden teenage goth turd, there really isn't a good reason to go near a graveyard.

I think an old school is the way to go if you are stuck in the city. There has got to be a way to buy a derelict building cheap and outfit it with surplus equipment for the long-haul. And if your right, you only have to fight off undead kids, which should be a little bit easier. Just watch out for the gym coach.
I don't buy it man, I have seen dawn of the dead like a billion times (the orginal mind you, I haven't seen the remake) and I trust the people who were on the ground while the zombies were running around and their memory involved with that.

plus in Shawn of the dead, they had a bit of recollection like his mother didn't try to eat him, and the step father turned the volume off on the music. they know that we know that they know.....

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:00 pm

I guess we won't know for sure until it is too late. Still, the basics of preparation are the same. It would probably be best for your evacuation route to avoid graveyards and what else? I would guess that most fresh zombies would try to get back to their former homes. If that keeps them somewhat distributed, it would make it harder to get around without avoiding detection, but easier to win a small skirmish. Most sources seem consistent with their sensitivity to sound so stealth would still be paramount.

ERock

Postby ERock » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:36 pm

I think the red neck in night of the living dead said it best.

kill the brain kill the ghoul, kill the ghoul, kill the brain

Return to “Events”