kinky friedman at UTD

Where the action is

Moderator: aquaphase

Dalya
hipster

kinky friedman at UTD

Postby Dalya » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:38 am

friday oct. 6 at noon. i'm skipping class to go if anyone wants to join me :)
I myself am hell;
nobody’s here—

lennon

Postby lennon » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:07 pm

i might just take a long lunch and go.

any idea on how long he will speak?

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:25 pm

Or if he will alienate another minority? I have been a fan of Kinky, but I wonder if this thing might be coming off the rails.

ps - is anyone else here (texans) amazed and dismayed at the idea that the next governor will almost certainly be elected with at least 60% of the votes going to someone else?

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:32 pm

Or if he will alienate another minority?
Uh oh -- what happened?

- Mere "haven't heard the news in a few days" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:58 pm

Is it the "I won't eat chicken in the hood, tacos in the barrio or bagels in the....." comment?

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:23 pm

That plus:
Then a television interview from a year ago resurfaced in which Friedman was asked what to do about sexual predators. He said: "Throw them in prison and throw away the key and make them listen to a Negro talking to himself."

On Thursday, a left-leaning political Web site posted an audio clip of Friedman telling a joke at a nightclub in 1980 in which he used the n-word.

On Friday, the same Web site posted two more audio clips of Friedman telling race-related jokes, one of which included the n-word.

Dalya
hipster

Postby Dalya » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:15 am

he was making fun of racists. hes a comedian. thats ridiculous if anyone actually takes a joke from almost 30 years ago as a real reason not to vote for him. Bush did coke.

in any case, rick perry is a million times more biggoted than kinky could ever hope to be. i met him. *shudder*

and i will vote for anyone will stop the tollway from being built across texas.
I myself am hell;
nobody’s here—

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:10 pm

Bush did coke so vote for Kinky? Might be worth a try.

The first quote was from last year. I don't know the context of the other two, but it goes to the point that it makes him much harder to elect, not a racist.

This is why I'm dissappointed. Kinky, Chris Bell and the grandma are splitting the 65% of Texans that want Perry out, making his reelection almost automatic. It would be competitive if a majority were required.

Irock

Postby Irock » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:20 pm

As a general rule, I like coke heads better than racists.

I'm just sayin.

Is all.

Rebecca

Postby Rebecca » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:55 pm

he was making fun of racists. hes a comedian. thats ridiculous if anyone actually takes a joke from almost 30 years ago as a real reason not to vote for him.

Anyone who doesn't understand that he uses satire probably won't vote for him anyway.

Be sure to get there early. Kinky came to UTSA on Monday and they had to turn away several hundred students because there wasn't enough room.

Re "damned fire marshall" becca

lennon

Postby lennon » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:31 pm

This is why I'm dissappointed. Kinky, Chris Bell and the grandma are splitting the 65% of Texans that want Perry out, making his reelection almost automatic. It would be competitive if a majority were required.
i am hoping that as we get closer to the election the 'grandma' will get it through her head that she has no chance, will drop out, and then throw her support to kinky.

Rebecca

Postby Rebecca » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:51 pm

i am hoping that as we get closer to the election the 'grandma' will get it through her head that she has no chance, will drop out, and then throw her support to kinky.
Yeah right.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:20 pm

As a general rule, I like coke heads better than racists.
No doubt there. Soon as Bush was sober, no fun at all.

Dalya
hipster

Postby Dalya » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:33 am

rich white cokeheads have been known to throw ot a racial slur here and there... *highschool flashbacks*

i dunno if there'll be a huge turnout at UTD. its mostly and science and math school. i doubt all the trekkies will summon up the energy to care about anything beyond how many gigabytes their republican tax-cut will pay for. NERDS! ALL OF THEM! *smokes with the cool kids*
I myself am hell;
nobody’s here—

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:15 pm

I'm very interested to see what he says. It's time to start poking the beehive. There was a poll on the 25th where he lost about 4 points but no one else picked them up.

If I were to suggest a conspiracy it would be that Strayhorn is there specifically to split the female voters that Chris Bell and Kinky are courting to guarantee Perry's re-election.

Return to “Events”