Dash Down Greenville 2011

It's time to flex your tines and get out on the road, Forker 5K's are just the beginning!

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Dash Down Greenville 2011

Postby aquaphase » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:30 pm

We doing this? It's right around the corner (March 12) and would be fun to see where we are at versus last year.

http://www.dashdowngreenville.com/
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

roach

Re: Dash Down Greenville 2011

Postby roach » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm registered.

katie

Postby katie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:16 pm

i'm registered too! whee!

definitely excited to see my improvement over last year. it'll be pretty fun.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

Irock

Postby Irock » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:20 pm

I'm registered, Abby's in too. I don't expect to improve last year's time, mainly because I hurt myself last year and i'd like to - you know - not do that.
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:40 pm

I'm going to try and do it, but 35 Confrette is that weekend and I'm trying to cut down on the number of trips back and forth between Denton & Dallas that I'm going to make.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

katie

Postby katie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:39 am

don't be a pussy! ;)
dread stuff

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

Irock

Postby Irock » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:38 am

don't be a pussy! :evil:
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

roach

Postby roach » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:36 am

what time you planning on making it down there? I think we're taking the train, parking is a beating down there, I got lucky last year and parked in Old Town. Think our train is getting us there around 7.50, a little early but the next train gets there at 8.15, cutting it close.

katie

Postby katie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:58 am

I'm registered, Abby's in too. I don't expect to improve last year's time, mainly because I hurt myself last year and i'd like to - you know - not do that.
haha totes. i am like 30 pounds lighter than last year at this time and in way better shape, so i'm expecting improvement fosho.
dread stuff

Irock

Postby Irock » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:50 pm

I got there super early last year and had no trouble parking, but getting out again was tricky. I'm still driving Saturday though - probably get there before 8.

roach

Postby roach » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:33 pm

may drive and look to get there early. we were running a bit late last year.

ro"not really an early rise household"ach

Irock

Postby Irock » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Oooh and Abby and I are doing Cafe Brazil after, you guys are invited to join us of course!

Irock

Postby Irock » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:06 pm

They didn't have beer this time, BOOO!
I think I liked the Greenville run better when it was my first run & I didn't know any better. Or maybe they were better organized last year, I don't know but the crowd yesterday kinda sucked - not the ppl, just the volume. Way too many ppl to bother with a post-run beer or sample stuffs. the run itself was good fun though!
Katie, Roach - did y'all stay for the parade?

katie

Postby katie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:26 pm

the first mile was really hard because i had to dodge a LOT of people. i think my time could have been marginally better if they widened the first mile lane a bit. also, if i didn't have to stop and tie my shoe three times! haha.

we did stay for the parade. someone threw a potato at my head from a float and i caught that sucker cause i got the luck o' the irish. also, i ran it in 44:46, which is 4 minutes faster than last year. i'm still slow but i'm improving! it's nice to know that yoga helps me with basically no prep running-wise.

also, they did have beer this year. j had one when i crossed the finish line so i know they existed.
dread stuff

roach

Postby roach » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:27 pm

yes, there were tons of people, they were overwhelmed with the response and posted something about it on the website. think they may change some stuff next year. that first mile was brutal trying to get around people.
I got two free beers after I finished then made it over to the finish line to see katie. but after I got my beers the line was all the way back to the finish line, not worth the free beer.
we walked down to caruth haven and greenville, my brother and friends had some space. got tons of cozies and a sunburn.

Return to “Run, Forker, Run!”