The whole "us vs. them" myth...

Forking and the Forking Forks.

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

The whole "us vs. them" myth...

Postby aquaphase » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:22 pm

is shit. we don't hate the faux-sporkers and we aren't trying to put together some master scheme to bring all of eternity down from here at forkers central.

If you conspiracy theorists will remember, forkers central originated waaaay before I left the little hellhole that the forum became. I really don't have the time or energy to mastermind a vast conspiracy against a group of people that slightly annoy me. Besides, I can think of about 200 more effective actions than perpetuating an online forum for people I like to spend time around.

No, I haven't read the faux-rum. No, I really don't have any intention to. I have heard that it isn't the kindest place for free expresion. A buddy of mine was even deleted twice because of his username. So what if someone wants to use the word "fuck" in their name. It's not the end of the world.

Forkers is a place for open communication and expression. Unlike the way the old forum was and the new faux-rum is, I welcome the donkey fisters and lemonparty advocates. I don't care if you think my favorite band/book/piece of art/religion/politics sucks. I welcome diversity.

In a world where our rights are violated and are being taken away more and more each day, I like to think of Forkers Central as a nice place to be 100% open. If that subverts your way of thinking then good. Shuffle yourself into the corner and stick your head in the sand.

It really tickles me to see who comes over here to read what we have going on. Yes, I do capture the IP address of everyone who visits, and yes, I can resolve that to a person/place. Most forums do and can. What pisses me off is the people who come over, read about something, and shuffle off elsewhere to bitch about it where many of our members dare not tread. If you have something to say about what you read here: post it here. I am a fair moderator. Ask both sides of most extreme situations that have popped up here (and at the old place). I tolerate cowardice almost as much as I tolerate intolerance (is that an oxymoron?).

There, I've said my piece (for today at least). Trying to make apple pies with oranges is idiotic: just like the "us vs. them" thing.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

Steveums
Mr. Leotard

Postby Steveums » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:36 pm

ahh, my favourite kind of party.

stephen

Postby stephen » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:13 pm

steve just likes it when people are 100% open.

Dogatron

Postby Dogatron » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:42 pm

please change my username to Fuckatron

p.s. Is the myth true that if you go to the faux-rum you actually die of boredom because of all the hippy love?
The best things in life are truely free
Singing birds and laughing bees
You got me wrongs says he
The sun don't shine in your TV

Dogatron

Postby Dogatron » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:53 pm

steve just likes it when people are 100% open.
it's better when they're not 100% and you get a little friction burn
The best things in life are truely free
Singing birds and laughing bees
You got me wrongs says he
The sun don't shine in your TV

Steveums
Mr. Leotard

Postby Steveums » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:02 pm

it's better when they're not 100% and you get a little friction burn
as stephen found out last christmas

ree-ree

Postby ree-ree » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:24 am

I still check out the other site, and there isn't any ill will posted . A few comments were made but for the most part no-one is starting a bashing/conspiracy theory as far as I can tell. It's tiny and not that many members. There really isn't much going on yet.

Forkers stands on its own and I think it probably isn't worth addressing a scant few comments. Maybe I feel like if your on top, the little guy isn't worth worrying about.
What-ever. I guess I'm missing the point of it all. Spies back and forth, tattle-telling on both ends.

As far as fuck-face, who cares if he had to change his name. Deal with it.

Edit: oh sorry, that'd be: face full of fuck.
"Don't go to bed mad. Stay up and fight"

sandrapowers

Postby sandrapowers » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:41 am

as Ree-Ree said...i haven't seen any comments on the forkers forum on the other forum.....

if anything, it might be more of personal misunderstandings that a forkers vs fans battle......

hopefully we can still post on each forums.....I joined the forkers forum quite a while ago....and I think it might be first post......

so...hello:D

Sandra xoxo

Devdog

Postby Devdog » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:59 am

Did I miss something here? I am not sure were this Us Versus Them thing came about. I have stated in two different posts on the other site that I thought our two sites had mutual respect for each other considering some of our members reside on both. I don't come over to spy, I come over to hang out partly in fact that many of the people here are in the Dallas area and have met and talked with you on the "Old" forum. There is no moderation on what people can and cannot say on my forum. I think the reason things are not discussed are because people choose not to. If people want to discuss their feelings about the Spree, they won't be banned or their thread deleted. The thing with face full of fuck was done on the temp site before I took over control of it. Would I have done the same thing? Maybe, maybe not. I learned a lot of insight about the band and the mangagement in different threads and chat sessions over here and never said any of it was untrue nor did I divulge what was said either. My personal philosphy on the other forum is to keep it about the music. What the band or the management does or doesn't do may not be right, but I think you can find skeltons in the closet of any band that has been around a while.

I am not mad about what you posted Justin. I am just confused about how it started. The last thing either of us needs is a forum full of bitching. I think we both want a place to have fun, kick back, and have the occassional vent session. Am I right?

Devdog.
Getting out my pitchfork. Poking your hay. - Spinal Tap

Rebecca

Postby Rebecca » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:39 am

I think you can find skeltons
You talkin' to me?

Devdog

Postby Devdog » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:19 pm

LOL Rebecca. See what one little typo can do? Of course I meant skeletons. I don't think there is enough Skelton's to go around for every band.

:lol:

Devdog.
Getting out my pitchfork. Poking your hay. - Spinal Tap

Irock

Re: The whole "us vs. them" myth...

Postby Irock » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:42 pm

is shit. we don't hate the faux-sporkers and we aren't trying to put together some master scheme to bring all of eternity down from here at forkers central.
Um, we're not?

*drops crowbar*

ree-ree

Postby ree-ree » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:53 pm

Um, we're not?

*drops crowbar*
hahahahaha!!!

I wanted to mention that what you've might have seen as an increase in foot traffic was that someone mentioned dalya's post and how it made some good points and there was a link posted so folks could read it.
"Don't go to bed mad. Stay up and fight"

mr_j
Location: with an underworld spy or the wife of a close friend

Postby mr_j » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:09 pm

I think you can find skeltons
You talkin' to me?
don't forget sybil and phyl!

jbfromoc

Postby jbfromoc » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:27 pm

Forkers is a place for open communication and expression. Unlike the way the old forum was and the new faux-rum is, I welcome the donkey fisters and lemonparty advocates. I don't care if you think my favorite band/book/piece of art/religion/politics sucks. I welcome diversity.

In a world where our rights are violated and are being taken away more and more each day, I like to think of Forkers Central as a nice place to be 100% open.
...unless you talk too much about SPORK or post pictures of:
"Fuck the lot of you!"- Gordon Ramsay

Return to “Official Forkers Business”