the point of a bar is not to get drunk???

Forking and the Forking Forks.

Moderator: aquaphase

roach

the point of a bar is not to get drunk???

Postby roach » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:59 pm

eebs

Postby eebs » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:19 pm

Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission

they need some forkers on that commission. maybe they should look at people in vehicles about to drive away rather then entering a bar ie. committing an offence. muppets.

interesting enough it's illegal in the UK to serve someone who is intoxicated. definition of intoxicated appears to be unable to give landlord more money to pay for alcohol. mmm.

ree-ree

Postby ree-ree » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:31 pm

That's priceless. Especially about the hotel bar patrons. (um... that's why I get a hotel room for some events, even in my own city.)
I agree that if they want to curtail drunk driving, sit in the parking lot; I'm all for that.

We live in such a schitziod world....
It's no wonder I'm confused.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:13 pm

I guess they can arrest whoever they want for public intoxication in a bar, if they want to be douches. Saying it has anything to do with drunk driving is BS. They have to see a driver make a mistake consistent with being under the influence in order to pull them over. These guys are just lazy.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:16 pm

squeezle and I saw this report on the telly last night and were very curious as to how many times we would have been arrested for just plain ol' drinking in a bar.

The really funny thing from the report was the fact that the people they were arresting were able to walk around just fine. In my book, that ain't drunk enough to get arrested.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:25 pm

...The really funny thing from the report was the fact that the people they were arresting were able to walk around just fine. In my book, that ain't drunk enough to get arrested.
I agree. As long as I can still do what I came to do, which is drink, I'm not too drunk. Bars should be required to issue walkers to patrons whose walking skills might be impaired. Make it a even swap for their car keys, even.

roach

Postby roach » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:29 pm

The really funny thing from the report was the fact that the people they were arresting were able to walk around just fine. In my book, that ain't drunk enough to get arrested.
a couple years ago when usa played mexico at cotton bowl we stumbled back over to the bar of soap after the game. there was a little of me saying mexico sucks and i saddle up next to a guy at the bar. he was watching the game on the teevee and we discussed it a bit. i then decide to go out back with some folk to smoke and ask him if he would like to join, turns out he was an undercover working security at the bar. he didn't care that I was stumbly or that i was going out back to smoke. The TABC needs to take a note from the dallas undercovers. leave me alone.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:43 pm

Hummingbirds never hurt anybody.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:16 pm

somebody hasn't read their Douglas Coupland.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

roach

Postby roach » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:23 pm

that's what I'm talking about!

Return to “Official Forkers Business”